Florida Game Score Prediction Thread

Eagle-96

I don't have any delusions that we will win this game as Florida is a talented Top 25 SEC team. The two things I want the most out of this game are:

1. No serious injuries.

2. I want Littrell to play to win the game. I want him to lay it all out there. Nobody thought South Alabama or Central Michigan had chances in their body bag games but they gave it everything they had and won. 

Florida 52

UNT 20

• Upvote 2

We need to schedule Kansas as a home and away series, right now they are looking for someone they can beat and we are looking for the same.  That is the type of teams we need to be playing at this time. A name that we can compete with, it should not be hard. Call Iowa State , right now they all think they can beat us so it is time to make some phone calls.

• Upvote 5

Coming off a large win (even against an FCS opponent) and a good defensive outing, I think the Mean Green keep it close in the first half but the Gators quit effin' around and shut us down for the second half until a garbage time TD. They may even up the series, but the Gators better brace themselves for our meeting in 2085!

Florida 49
UNT 24

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mgfan said:

I don't want to see mason fine out there. The almost injury last week scared me. Fine may be able to do that against BC but an sec defensive is probably a little faster. I know it will help experience but even with him in there we probably won't win.... thoughts? 

My thoughts which usually generate a lot of disagreement, is that there is no reason to fear injuries in a game like this anymore than any other.   I doubt any stats support this body bag game analogy.  Their athletes are going to be more athletic and generally stronger, no doubt.   However, they are not likely to be at an emotional high playing NT.  

Trotting out a small freshman QB, is going to be risky against anyone.   Especially one, that is as competitive as Fine as shown.  

• Upvote 3

For those of you who predicted UNT to score 20 or more points

You think that this offense led by a 5'10 true freshman QB whose shown no dynamic ability in the pass game IS about to score 20 points against an SEC defense? A defense that is one of the best in the country. That has a tremendous secondary and DL. 

Our non explosive offense is going to march down the field on these guys? 

Our offense is more steady than explosive and it's hard to sustain long drives against a D like that.

If Mason Fine was a 5 star QB with NFL caliber talent I could see that happening. You just don't go into these kinda of games with below avg WRs and a OL that can't pass block and expect to score a lot of points. 

True FR QB led teams at G5 schools don't beat ranked teams on the road and they rarely look good. 

Our best hope is for our defense to play steady and keep it close. Their offense is not that explosive. 

If we win it will be with scores in the teens. 

Our saving grace may be they have a huge matchup next week vs ranked Tennessee. So no matter what their coaches preach to them they won't focus on us. 

Edited by Mean_Green09
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3