1st Fall Coaches Show

TheReal_jayD

50 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I was there tonight. Got lucky in my seat in that Alec Morris and Fred Scott sat directly in front of me. Both seemed like humble leaders. Someone in the crowd asked Seth in between segments how Fine was looking, Seth looked at Morris and asked "You think 6 will be good?" and they both just laughed. Alec then turned to me and said "If he was 2 inches taller he'd have an offer from every school in the country, because he can rip it" straight from the horses mouth they know what we have in Fine. Scott seemed a lot more confident in their ability to key in on Davis this time around.

Pretty packed house. Wren was there along with Hank, Reggie, Mike Smith and John Nitardy that I could recognize from the AD. Idk why, but John Nitardy just pisses me off every time I see him. 

Everyone seemed to be in a good mood. Excited for the season to get started. 

I'm also probably about 5 pounds heavier than I was 3 hours ago

I was the person who asked Seth about Mason Fine.  My question was how did you and Coach Harrell know Mason Fine was the real deal?  His answer was "Look at the film and you know" then he said "he has a chip on his shoulder and I like that."  He then turned to Alec and asked "You think 6 will be good?"  Alec response was dead serious even though he laughed.  You could tell Alec respected Mason.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenDadx2 said:

I was the person who asked Seth about Mason Fine.  My question was how did you and Coach Harrell know Mason Fine was the real deal?  His answer was "Look at the film and you know" then he said "he has a chip on his shoulder and I like that."  He then turned to Alec and asked "You think 6 will be good?"  Alec response was dead serious even though he laughed.  You could tell Alec respected Mason.

Right I knew that. Guess my comment was a bit misspoken, they both laughed, but laughed in a "of course he's that good" kind of way. 

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

Great thread. The comments on Fine make me wonder if Morris is ahead simply based on height.

Make no mistake. Morris is good. Fine has the brightest future of any North Texas qb I can remember. Littrell isn't Mac. If Fine is the guy, he's the guy, regardless of height. I'm more intrigued for next year when(if he honors his commitment) Cade Pearson comes in, and how those two compete

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, cdizzle86 said:

Really excited to watch this team. So many new faces and names.

I might be crazy, but I think our media guide said 50+ new faces on the roster.

----

I thought it was interesting (???) that they had SMU's media guides disseminated amongst the dining tables.

I guess "know your opponent... from their point of view?"

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1