Final UNT 2016 Depth Chart for SMU Game

Harry

Liking this type of attitude from Kelvin Smith:
I had to watch a lot of film and watch my diet,” Smith said. “I started to do different kinds of workouts. Mostly it was just film and breaking down the offense. The coaches made it really simple.

Discipline to put in the off-season work.  Love it.

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

Looks like we gon' party on Saturday @MeanGreenTexan @GMG24

I was gonna have y'all buy me 2 scoops of Old South Fudge from Beth Maries, but...   she might be gone.  If so, I'll take a brew from Metzler's....  Uh, what can I get at Apogee anymore?

Robinson beat out Rutherford?
Preston hung on & Davis hung on.
Hamilton cracks the 2-deep behind Wheeler @ "Jack", which must be a Von Miller-type position (Joker)?

• Upvote 2

All of the changes could make for a hell of a ride or a ride through hell. I'm excited for what could be and scared for what also could be. If these players click it could be a fun season and really open up the recruiting. I get the feeling were in for a lot of celebrating during the games as well as a good bit of cussing, screaming, and throwing things.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Preston hung on & Davis hung on.

I remember last year when Davis was "battling" Jamal Marshall for his corner spot.  Jamal was in there for the Spring cause Davis wasn't available.  He was hurt.  Jamal barely even played.  And wasn't close to playing corner.

No different this year...Really think a coach is going to sit his fastest cover corner that has 2 years experience going against D1 players and players who are on NFL rosters. 

One who barely gets beat for a true freshman?  Especially in a defense that will man up and blitz?  Cause the true freshman had a nice Fall camp against UNT 2nd team?  

If a true freshman is starting at corner, there are no other options.  Even as good as some think Brooks is, and I considered him an above average freshman, he got beat and wasn't ready.  And Moore hasn't proved he has Nate Brooks ability.  If Moore starts, Davis is hurt, suspended, or UNT has went with a youth movement and given up.  I hope Moore gets some reps but Jenkins is the next man up.

11 minutes ago, GOMG2013 said:

I remember last year when Davis was "battling" Jamal Marshall for his corner spot.  Jamal was in there for the Spring cause Davis wasn't available.  He was hurt.  Jamal barely even played.  And wasn't close to playing corner.

No different this year...Really think a coach is going to sit his fastest cover corner that has 2 years experience going against D1 players and players who are on NFL rosters. 

One who barely gets beat for a true freshman?  Especially in a defense that will man up and blitz?  Cause the true freshman had a nice Fall camp against UNT 2nd team?  

If a true freshman is starting at corner, there are no other options.  Even as good as some think Brooks is, and I considered him an above average freshman, he got beat and wasn't ready.  And Moore hasn't proved he has Nate Brooks ability.  If Moore starts, Davis is hurt, suspended, or UNT has went with a youth movement and given up.  I hope Moore gets some reps but Jenkins is the next man up.

You seem to have an affinity for Davis.   Related?  Friend?

I don't think anyone is saying or has said Davis is a scrub or anything.   We were just hearing lots of good things about Muhammad & Moore, so people were thinking it might mean Davis either wasn't healed yet or otherwise not ready.   For many here, Davis was our favorite pickup from his signing class in '13.

22 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You seem to have an affinity for Davis.   Related?  Friend?

I don't think anyone is saying or has said Davis is a scrub or anything.   We were just hearing lots of good things about Muhammad & Moore, so people were thinking it might mean Davis either wasn't healed yet or otherwise not ready.   For many here, Davis was our favorite pickup from his signing class in '13.

My post was not a shot at you.  It was for the predictors who continue to throw stuff out there so they can finally say, I called that!  

I follow college players from the West Houston area.