Friday Night Lights

I sat through the beating that Braswell had delivered on them from nw Eaton last night...yall are a day late and a dollar short...gonna be a long season for the new hs in denton...score was 0-55...

Edited by THOR

The Colony beat North Crowley 31-18. Up 21-6 at half and sleep walked through the 3rd. Found a way to win even when it got super chippy late.  North Crowley is an athletic group just needs the right staff, which I doubt they ever get bc of FWISD not supporting coaches and throwing them in full time classes. 

Lonestar crushed Heritage

Indeoendence bullied new Reedy 

can can someone tell me how Denton and lake Dallas looked in a PM? We play both of them and I wanted to go but couldn't for obvious reasons.  Oh I forgot to tell everyone I moved up to the HS now, so I'm coach Linebackers at TCHS.  Looking forward to a great season, and super excited that I'll be able to make the SMU game. We play in Everman next Friday. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

The Colony beat North Crowley 31-18. Up 21-6 at half and sleep walked through the 3rd. Found a way to win even when it got super chippy late.  North Crowley is an athletic group just needs the right staff, which I doubt they ever get bc of FWISD not supporting coaches and throwing them in full time classes. 

can can someone tell me how Denton and lake Dallas looked in a PM? We play both of them and I wanted to go but couldn't for obvious reasons.  Oh I forgot to tell everyone I moved up to the HS now, so I'm coach Linebackers at TCHS.  Looking forward to a great season, and super excited that I'll be able to make the SMU game. We play in Everman next Friday. 

I watched that Lonestar-Heritage game on ESPNU. Lonestar has some nice athletes! Would like to have their QB (Shelley) and WR (Pittman).

On 8/26/2016 at 7:43 PM, Christopher Walker said:

Curious who else is out on the aluminum bleachers tonight.

The wife and I currently enjoying Denton High having their way with Lake Dallas' defense. Currently up 21-0 with 1:30 to go in the 1st.

I was gonna go to Lewisville last night, but the kid told me they weren't sufficiently rehearsed for the halftime show.  Lewisville was up until the last minute,  Rowlett scored.  Lewisville was down 2 with 13 seconds left on the Rowlett 30 and they...ran the ball up the middle.  Sound familiar?

But hey, Todd Dodge won, so we got that going for us, right?

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

Denton ran all over Lake Dallas, Ryan won, Guyer ran all over one of the Mansfield schools and Braswell, should have been named Carrico, got hammered in their first game.

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

The Denton RC has a nice article on the game.

14 hours ago, GMG24 said:

North Crowley is not in Fort Worth ISD.  They are in Crowley ISD.

Rick

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

North Crowley is not in Fort Worth ISD.  They are in Crowley ISD.

Rick

Oops my apologies, well same point wrong district.  Thanks for correction. 

7 hours ago, untcampbell said:

Congrats on the move to The Colony, and new coaching gig. My wife was a school nurse there before the internet.

Need you to recruit hard for us there, bruthuh.

GMG

Thanks, you know I am.  Brought our QB, LB, and a few skill kids up there.  We have an OL who looks to commit to New Mexico hope Littrell and Company offer soon. 

• Upvote 1