2016 Team Captains

MGNation92

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

I know he doesn't get a lot of pub on here but our punter is REALLY good.  Definitely a weapon that could help us.

You have two from the D and two from the O. Makes sense to have someone from ST as well given Seth's emphasis on winning all three parts of the game. Mac also had a captain from ST but it rotated each game. Not unusual.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Good group.  Putting a lot of faith in Fred Scott this season it seems. 

I have been critical of Fred Scott on here, mainly due to his speed in pass coverage.  Not his fault because the past coaches put him in position to be exposed.  Now since we are running nickel, I highly doubt Fred Scott will be down field in pass coverage or matched up against speedy players.

I assume Scott will be able to concentrate on stopping the run this year and he was pretty good in that area.  He is very strong and once he sizes you up, a good lick is coming.  I think he will have a solid year.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Good group.  Putting a lot of faith in Fred Scott this season it seems. 

I think Fred is a better player than he has been able to show... especially last year. I hope he ets put in position to make plays by this defensive staff! He is one of those guys that, with a good year, may be in position to be an UDFA in the NFL... a la Orr and co.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Harry said:

I know he doesn't get a lot of pub on here but our punter is REALLY good.  Definitely a weapon that could help us.

He is good. That is true, but clearly he helps motivate his teammates and works hard. Punter or not 90, he earned it.

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Leadership Council announced as well.

Leadership council? Never heard of anything like it, but why not. As long as they win, they can have a damn parliament.

• Upvote 2