5 and One-Half Things I'm Looking Forward To This Season

aztecskin

1. The Hope that will fill my soul that first Saturday up yonder in Denton.

2. Greater than 47% completion of passes attempted. I have almost forgotten the look of a good offense. It is but a memory. A ghost of a whisper. The Good Lord above grant me strength, that I may endure more than four Plays of Offence. Can you imagine!

3. Jeff Wilson. 

4. UNT at UTSA. It was Mighty Beautiful sight to see my alma mater play in my hometown's stadium. The loss was Bitter. Revenge will be Sweet.

5. Air Raid-in'

5.5. CUSA.tv. Meh. 

• Upvote 4

1: amen.  May we look back on 2016 as the season where hope was rekindled.

2: I can stomach a loss to SMU if we can show an inkling of offensive potential that can be built on as the season progresses.  Watching our defense tire and become demoralized got old last season.  I want to see an offense that negates the 8-9 in a box constant blitz defense we will likely see early.  

3: love Jeff Wilson, but I hope that Wyche, Ivery etc can take some of the opponents defensive focus away from him this season.  Need to keep him healthy.

4:  Love to hate UTSA.  Just hoping we come into that game with some reason for optimism and can bring a good crowd.

5:  Interested to see if this offense looks just like UNC.

6:  Mac hated the streaming games but I don't have a big problem with that.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

1: amen.  May we look back on 2016 as the season where hope was rekindled.

2: I can stomach a loss to SMU if we can show an inkling of offensive potential that can be built on as the season progresses.  Watching our defense tire and become demoralized got old last season.  I want to see an offense that negates the 8-9 in a box constant blitz defense we will likely see early.  

3: love Jeff Wilson, but I hope that Wyche, Ivery etc can take some of the opponents defensive focus away from him this season.  Need to keep him healthy.

4:  Love to hate UTSA.  Just hoping we come into that game with some reason for optimism and can bring a good crowd.

5:  Interested to see if this offense looks just like UNC.

6:  Mac hated the streaming games but I don't have a big problem with that.

I wouldn't want as many fans as possible watching a consistent nutkick for 60 straight minutes every saturday too 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, aztecskin said:

1. The Hope that will fill my soul that first Saturday up yonder in Denton.

2. Greater than 47% completion of passes attempted. I have almost forgotten the look of a good offense. It is but a memory. A ghost of a whisper. The Good Lord above grant me strength, that I may endure more than four Plays of Offence. Can you imagine!

3. Jeff Wilson. 

4. UNT at UTSA. It was Mighty Beautiful sight to see my alma mater play in my hometown's stadium. The loss was Bitter. Revenge will be Sweet.

5. Air Raid-in'

5.5. CUSA.tv. Meh. 

Offense...Av 10 more pts a game

Defense...Av giving up less than 30 a game

Repeat above to 5.5...

• Upvote 1

#1 I hope that the players don't get down on themselves if the season starts out a little rough.   There is a new offense, defense and a ton of new players.  It is going to take some time.

#2 I hope that the team plays inspired and is entertaining enough early on to keep the fans in their seats.

#3 Build some momentum as the season progresses.   It all about building momentum this year.

• Upvote 2

1. You nailed it.  Hope.  The first game every year is always great.  It's even better when it's a home game.  Nothing better than tailgating with HOPE that your team is going to win.

2.  Answers.  The last two times we made coaching changes the 1st quarter of our 1st game was an absolute abomination.  We should know pretty early what we have in this new coaching staff.

3.  Early season home games.  4 out of our first 6 games are at home.  New coaching staff was gifted a schedule that should see them off to a great start if they hold up their end of the bargain.

4. Best collection of home opponents since I've been a season ticket holder (2001).  SMU, Marshall, LaTech and SMiss.  Four teams that most DFW area college football fans should have heard of.

5. Return to playing interesting defense.  I get the Air Raid's attraction, but I just flat don't like watching it.  What I do like is an aggressive defense.  I think we're going to see a defense out there making plays and keeping things interesting (even if we have some big plays go against us).

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 2