Questions for you RVers

kj86

There are options(for the Blue/Red Lot)...Being donor at $1000 level will get you a reserved spot for the season...$500 donor can purchase a season pass for $400 and park in what is available when you get there...or a donor at any level can purchase a pass for specific games for $80. Just need to call the ticket office and if there is time they will mail it to you.  We stay Saturday night as well...might not be a good idea to drive after celebrating!

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, kj86 said:

Do you have to go in person to buy an RV pass?  How much does it cost...even if you already have a Red/Blue pass?  Can you stay both Friday and Saturday nights?  Anything else I need to know?

The lot opens at 5 PM on Friday.  All RV parking is on the far east side of the Red/Blue lots.

We typically stay Friday and Saturday night.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, DoubleEagle said:

The lot opens at 5 PM on Friday.  All RV parking is on the far east side of the Red/Blue lots.

We typically stay Friday and Saturday night.

Not necessarily true. I have seen RVs lined up on the far west side of the red lot, between the red and blue lot. I always wondered if these spots cost more than the spots on the east side of the red lot. This seems like a good time to ask. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Per Mike Smith, RV parking on the west side of the Red/Blue lot is no longer permitted and RV's parked there will be towed at the owner's expense.

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Not necessarily true. I have seen RVs lined up on the far west side of the red lot, between the red and blue lot. I always wondered if these spots cost more than the spots on the east side of the red lot. This seems like a good time to ask. 

• Upvote 1

They changed the policy this season.  No more RV parking on the west side.  I got the feeling they did not like the way that a few vehicles essentially took up the entire west side.  This should allow for more individual tailgaters to set up their tents/shades.  Will be interesting to see how it develops.

4 hours ago, kj86 said:

Do you have to go in person to buy an RV pass?  How much does it cost...even if you already have a Red/Blue pass?  Can you stay both Friday and Saturday nights?  Anything else I need to know?

Nice to see this title without talking about the AD!!!!! GMG 

14 hours ago, 4MYMGE said:

There are options(for the Blue/Red Lot)...Being donor at $1000 level will get you a reserved spot for the season...$500 donor can purchase a season pass for $400 and park in what is available when you get there...or a donor at any level can purchase a pass for specific games for $80. Just need to call the ticket office and if there is time they will mail it to you.  We stay Saturday night as well...might not be a good idea to drive after celebrating!

That's some interesting math because the $1,000 donor level gets you other fairly significant benefits like ability to purchase floor seats if we ever decide to field a basketball team.  

I'd probably pay the $1,000 for the full suite of benefits rather than the $900 for RV parking.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

They changed the policy this season.  No more RV parking on the west side.  I got the feeling they did not like the way that a few vehicles essentially took up the entire west side.  This should allow for more individual tailgaters to set up their tents/shades.  Will be interesting to see how it develops.

I think that space could be used better for sponsored tailgating events, and I hope that is the plan. Miller Light would set up there sporadically, but like everyone else, seemed to give up the last half of last season, and had scaled the operation way back before that. 

It would be a good place for live bands both pre and post game. Hopefully the new AD is thinking outside the box about how to use this space. I always got the impression that the old AD's buddies got those spots, but maybe that's just my prejudice coming through, 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

So instead they'll have a few vehicles take up the entire east side, which actually has more room for people to tailgate?

* From the MeanGreenSports web-site, under "gameday central".

PARKING FOR RECREATIONAL VEHICLES - Mean Green Club donors' recreational vehicles or those occupying more than one space are asked to park in designated areas of the Blue Lot. Game-day RV parking is designated in the parking lots around Fouts Field off of North Texas Blvd. at a charge of $60.00 per game. Mean Green Club members at the $250 donor level and higher have the ability to purchase an RV pass through the North Texas Ticket Office.

I cannot find a map that shows a "designated area" of the blue lot for RV's on the website. 

Also from "gameday central"

Tailgating and Set-Up Times

Tailgating locations are available on a first come first served basis on in accordance with other stipulations contained in these guidelines. Tailgating may not begin prior to 7 a.m. on gameday and must conclude two hours after the game.

Student organizations are permitted to claim a location on The Hill no earlier than noon on the day prior to gameday.* No overnight occupancy and/or camping is permitted.

Tailgating items and equipment may be dropped off near Apogee Stadium at the former Radisson Hotel parking lot adjacent to The Hill. Entry is from the I-35E South Access Road.

* are they talking about just the Hill, or all tailgating areas?

47 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

* From the MeanGreenSports web-site, under "gameday central".

PARKING FOR RECREATIONAL VEHICLES - Mean Green Club donors' recreational vehicles or those occupying more than one space are asked to park in designated areas of the Blue Lot. Game-day RV parking is designated in the parking lots around Fouts Field off of North Texas Blvd. at a charge of $60.00 per game. Mean Green Club members at the $250 donor level and higher have the ability to purchase an RV pass through the North Texas Ticket Office.

I cannot find a map that shows a "designated area" of the blue lot for RV's on the website. 

Also from "gameday central"

Tailgating and Set-Up Times

Tailgating locations are available on a first come first served basis on in accordance with other stipulations contained in these guidelines. Tailgating may not begin prior to 7 a.m. on gameday and must conclude two hours after the game.

Student organizations are permitted to claim a location on The Hill no earlier than noon on the day prior to gameday.* No overnight occupancy and/or camping is permitted.

Tailgating items and equipment may be dropped off near Apogee Stadium at the former Radisson Hotel parking lot adjacent to The Hill. Entry is from the I-35E South Access Road.

* are they talking about just the Hill, or all tailgating areas?

Some rules are made to be broken.

Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. 

Just do it until they tell you not to. If @emmitt01 is planning his usual opening day camp out, I doubt he will be told to leave. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1