Cade Pearson

TheReal_jayD

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Really worry he could be this years version of Nick Starkel.  Hope like hell I am wrong.

He will probably get more offers as the season goes on. He may even get a P5 offer. I still feel pretty confident about him coming here.

Starkel was short notice. This staff has built a nice relationship with Pearson. He will have a chance to start next season. 

• Upvote 5

53 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

And Starkel was committed to Oklahoma State and competed at the elite 11 at this point.

I feel you, but I'm not saying that Aggy will be the problemo here... more like a chain reaction that leads to something.  Hey, it's a damn nice problem to have.  I think Harrell is a HUGE plus for us in this type of deal.  Didn't have a coach like that last year.

They need to snag up another QB. Area of growing concern is WR and as usual DL. We need to plug those holes quickly as well. We need to get a 300lb guy coming out of high school, not someone we can watch grow to 300lb. In other words, we need to finally win some damn recruiting battles! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I feel you, but I'm not saying that Aggy will be the problemo here... more like a chain reaction that leads to something.  Hey, it's a damn nice problem to have.  I think Harrell is a HUGE plus for us in this type of deal.  Didn't have a coach like that last year.

I think the system will open a lot of eyes too. Especially for WR's. With Pearson committed we have a great 1,2 punch with Fine for years to come (if Pearson honors his commitment)

• Upvote 2

Interesting that Rivals has Cade listed as a dual-threat QB.  Nonetheless, I have faith in this staff being able to land a competent quarterback.  Sounds like Mason Fine has been a good find so far.  From those that have seen Mason live, what are your thoughts on him so far?

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/176822

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Interesting that Rivals has Cade listed as a dual-threat QB.  Nonetheless, I have faith in this staff being able to land a competent quarterback.  Sounds like Mason Fine has been a good find so far.  From those that have seen Mason live, what are your thoughts on him so far?

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/176822

Mason looks tiny, but he can sling it. Arm strength and accuracy. At times he looks better than Morris, which is probably more his familiarity with the system. If he get up to around 200 pounds I'd feel a lot better, pretty good runner too. 

Pearson is very accurate from what I've seen, and can tuck it and run when needed, he and Fine are pretty comparable IMO, with Pearson just being a bigger body

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Did anyone else here watch his interview from NSD? He came off really confident that he is getting that starting job. Can't wait to see the competition this spring.

I did as well and thought the same thing.  Fine and Isadore best get their game face on.  Also, I liked to hear how important Harrell was in his recruitment.  Harrell could be a key piece in our future recruiting of QB's.

59 minutes ago, Harry said:

I did as well and thought the same thing.  Fine and Isadore best get their game face on.  Also, I liked to hear how important Harrell was in his recruitment.  Harrell could be a key piece in our future recruiting of QB's.

With Harrell's family connections, he should have an open door at any and all HS locker rooms in the state....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Am I alone in wondering if Mason has fully recovered from his injury?

6 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Am I alone in wondering if Mason has fully recovered from his injury?

He should be fine come fall. May still not be 100% for spring, we'll see. The injury he suffered doesn't make it impossible to throw, just ridiculously painful to the point where you'd have trouble maintaining accuracy and velocity because of the fear of pain.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Did anyone else here watch his interview from NSD? He came off really confident that he is getting that starting job. Can't wait to see the competition this spring.

i expect nothing less than this attitude from all the recruits coming in this year.  not that they will, but that attitude is a hell of a start to getting there.

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

With Harrell's family connections, he should have an open door at any and all HS locker rooms in the state....

....maybe not the girl's locker rooms. :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Cade Pearson will break all the records of UNT's greatest I-A/BCS/FBS-level quarterback, Derek Thompson, and it won't be close.  He and Derek will one day be North Texas Hall of Famers together, golfing and signing autographs for your grandchildren.

200.gif#78 A little premature!

• Upvote 4