MGN Podcast 62

aztecskin

2 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

haha there were so many flubs. I'm glad we don't have anyone grabbing those soundbites and derailing us with those. Colony/connelly, substance| sustenance /substanence.

you do need a dingo and the baby style drop to lead in any of Greg's hot takes tho

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

A guy who has thrown one college pass is now better than a future UNT hall of famer?

Come on, guys.

Did you guys chug a gallon of green Kool Aid before this podcast?

Wager on Morris having better statistics than DT? I think you said it best...something about candy and baby. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Wager on Morris having better statistics than DT? I think you said it best...something about candy and baby. 

Why? So you can change it when I propose it? No thanks. I doubt you would pay up if you lost. 

Morris may end up with better stats than a QB that was only allowed to throw when everyone in the stadium knew he was going to throw. Even under those conditions, he led the Mean Green to their 2nd ever bowl win on New Year's Day and will be a UNT hall of famer.

But to say right now Morris is better than DT was his senior year is crazy green Kool aid drunkenness. 

Id love to see what DT could do in this offense. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Why? So you can change it when I propose it? No thanks. I doubt you would pay up if you lost. 

Morris may end up with better stats than a QB that was only allowed to throw when everyone in the stadium knew he was going to throw. Even under those conditions, he led the Mean Green to their 2nd ever bowl win on New Year's Day and will be a UNT hall of famer.

But to say right now Morris is better than DT was his senior year is crazy green Kool aid drunkenness. 

Id love to see what DT could do in this offense. 

I'd pay, I'm good for it. Trust me. Given the differences in the offense we can throw yards, attempts out of the window. We can wager just td:int ratio and completion %. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Derek Thompson was recruited here because Dodge thought he could throw in his offense. I think he would have put up some big numbers if he would have been able to play in a pass-first offense instead of the ant-offense we saw the last two years -- like Giovani Vizza, and Daniel Meager. Still, Alec Morris was recruited by Alabama and Derek was not. That -- at the very least -- says that Saban and company thought fairly highly of the dude, and gives some credence our guesstimate that AM > DT in terms of comparable measurables. 

Everything else? Meh. We can't compare Could Have Been stats to If Only stats. So we go with what we have. 

But I'm excited to see this wager y'all. 

Edited by aztecskin
  • Upvote 1