New kicking net and pulley system getting installed at Apogee

Harry

1 minute ago, KingDL1 said:

Nice, I wonder if that is real. 

Possibly.  Here's another:

civil-error2.jpg

I'm not saying contractors are bad.  I have family in Oklahoma who have been homebuilders since the early 60s.  Between school years, I would sometimes go up and work with them.  But...

...some of the guys on the crews...you really do have to have someone there to make sure they know what is supposed to be done, and how. 

This is just bad design, though. 

On 8/18/2016 at 5:01 AM, Silent Eagle said:

Little things start to add up.  Sure it seems trivial (something small like a new pulley system), but perhaps this could lead to additional things that could make for a more efficient and better game day experience for all.

Like winning....

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Harry said:

This worries me a bit.  If the pulley malfunctions, I could see the opposing team kicker rush the PAT snap just so he could crack the damn thing!  With our luck it will be bagainst UTSA!

UTSA has drastically improved at every spot except PK. If the score board is directly behind the goal, your odds are better than you think. Also, the game is in SA this year so there is time to get the bugs worked out.

• Upvote 2

On August 19, 2016 at 10:46 AM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Funny you should mention that because...

...if we do ever get to sellout stage, they will quickly realize that the restrooms behind the north end zone are too small.  The restrooms in our office building are larger, and we don't have 30,000 people in the building on all six floors combined. 

Just, you know, making a prediction of what can be bitched about once we have the nice problem of handling sellout crowds week in and week out.

I don't think the bathrooms in the north end zone are designed to accommodate 30,000 people, but only a portion of those sitting in the north end zone. 

• Upvote 1

On August 20, 2016 at 3:40 AM, GM1998 said:

Like winning....

Well, yes.  Winning cures 90% of everything.  The other 10% comes from an overhaul of the staff/AD. 

On August 19, 2016 at 8:12 AM, KingDL1 said:

The jumbo tron is made of emitter panels I bet they are hard to crack and if they do they just change one small panel last I looked they are getting the emitters down to .7mm and they close the gap on them and you can make relatively small 4k screens now. My AV guys just installed one and he sent photos really cool stuff. 

The refs in Pro ball will hold a kick until the net is up. Seems like I have heard them ask for the net to be raised before during a pro game. 

I don't know what 90% of that means, but it sounds pretty rad. 

7 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Are we the only college football program in the Country that would have 3 pages on this topic?????

Yes...because we may be the only college football program in the country that hung a non-retractable net right in front of the primary scoreboard and video screen. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 4