2016 UNT FB Player Adoption Thread

MeanGreenTexan

It's that time of the year again.  Fall practice has begun.   All players have reported (well, almost all...), and are getting ready for the season.

For those of you unfamiliar with the player adoption tradition, here on GoMeanGreen.com, any poster who wants to participate will 'adopt' a player on the roster to follow throughout the year.   Only one player per poster, and one poster per player.  We don't do co-parenting.  So pick your guy quick!
If your boy has a nice game, come on the board, give us the stats/plays, and let us know how proud you are.  
If he has a bad game, you'll have to defend him against the guys ripping him on here.

Here's the roster:
Roster

The only rule?
Underclassmen who were 'adopted' last year still belong to the same poster, unless they are abandoned.  
To give everyone plenty of time to see this year's thread and grab their guys, we'll set the 'claim by' date at 8/31.
Once 8/31 rolls around and the previously-adopted player still isn't claimed, he's all yours. 
For example: If  @Side Show Joe does not claim super RB Jeff Wilson before midnight on 8/31, He's up for grabs.  Otherwise, he's off-limits for you new guys.

Hopefully we have a better turnout with the excitement coach Littrell brings.  Last year was kinda pathetic.

Here's last year's thread to see who is already adopted:

2015 Player Adoption Thread

So without further ado...  since I already have a friendly board wager surrounding him, I'll kick this thing off by adopting:

Rico Bussey Jr.
12017540.jpeg

Mr. Bussey is going to be a contributor this year, and hopefully by the end of the season put some nice games/numbers together.  
I'm going to fearlessly predict a line of:  35 catches / 310 yds / 4 TDs.

Y'all need to get ready for Rico Suave.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 6

The old saying "dont throw out the baby with the bathwater" immediately comes to mind when keeping the same pick as last year for me.

pic.jpeg Jareid Combs

I truly hope the 1 year to get acclimated to D1 football is the case here.  I am still going to be keeping my adopted son even with the lackluster performance he had last year.  Going into the season one would have thought he would absolutely dominate looking at his JUCO stats:

• Rated a three-star player by 247Sports.com and the No. 12 defensive end in the nation.
• Was an honorable mention NJCAA All-American in 2014 when he racked up 17 sacks, which was second in the nation. 
• He had 50 total tackles on the season and four forced fumbles.
Was a team captain.
• In two seasons at Iowa Central, Combs had 25 sacks.

So obviously with those stats coming into the season I had extremely high hopes for my "adopted son" but like many other JUCO's he was not able to replicate those stats his first year at the D1 level:

2015:
 Played in all 12 games, starting the first two games of his career at defensive end against Louisiana Tech and Tennessee.
• Totaled 21 tackles, including 11 solo, and 2.0 tackles for loss
• Also credited for three quarterback hurries from his defensive end spot.

A couple of observations that I took from watching him this past year.  The young man just didnt seem comfortable and not engaged.  The team captain bullet point is worrisome to me because he did not showcase that type of leadership this past year.  This is his senior year, lets hope he takes pride in that and goes out and makes plays! 

Make me a proud PAPA Jareid!!!

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Since Rico and Deion are gone, I'm going with "The Helicopter" Malik Dilonga:

12017560.jpeg

adoption thread rules question:

will any and all previous and subsequent TheFakeLonnieFinch internet-caricatures maintain their adoption rights on Malik Dilonga? or once this particular incarnation is banned, does Dilonga become an orphan again? will his next nom-de-ordinateur just be allowed to adopt another player...knowing full well he too will likely become an orphan as well?

I think we might need a GMG-CPS officer to intercede here. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

On 8/11/2016 at 9:37 AM, Censored by Laurie said:

as an Arlington Heights alum, I'm laying claim to the next four years of Deion Hair-Griffin

Can we share custody on this adoption?  Seriously I think this kid could be amazing for us this year because of his speed.  CBL beat me to the punch.

EDIT:  This is officially shared betwixt me and CBL.

6 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

Alright, I'll take Terian Goree. He's due for a breakout season.

12017583.jpeg

Well . . .

Then again, you might be able to invoke some technicalities.  Technically, Marty adopted Kenny Buyers the DB, not Kenny Buyers the WR.  And Withers adopted Tee Goree, not Terian Goree.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Can we share custody on this adoption?  Seriously I think this kid could be amazing for us this year because of his speed.  CBL beat me to the punch.

Harry,

My stalker is back at it again.  Keep working on the IP problem with TFLF so the public obsessing can be done once and for all.

Thank you.

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Well I would of Loved to of taken Raveon Houston but he has yet to hit roster/Camp so my close second goes to the Head Hunter:

James Gray #21 in your playbooks and #1 in my heart

James  Gray

We can put Raveon on layaway for you.  Honestly though Gray is an outstanding pick.