MGB: Sources say Baker is UNT's leading candidate heading into call on Friday

Brett Vito

11 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

So...   now that we can assume it's WB, who stays on (if anyone), and who's kicked to the curb?

He should be given full autonomy on hires if he is to be held accountable for results.

Edited by Harry

On 7/26/2016 at 3:44 PM, Harry said:

He should be given full autonomy on hires if he is to be held accountable for results.

No doubt.  Wondering if he interviews anyone currently here... including Hank and keeps any of them.  Not concerned about him having anyone 'forced' on him.  I don't think Smatresk/Ryan are that close with anyone over there.

Maybe Baker is a fan of hastily-prepared & ill-reviewed press releases, or dudes who can't handle complaints from donors they are to serve.   You never know, really.   How could anyone even know that?

On 7/26/2016 at 3:49 PM, Eagle-96 said:

Real talk though. Who is worthy of keeping at this point other than people dealing with academics and Title 9?

I've been on the record as advocating for keeping Cinnamon Sheffield around.   Alot of the credit for the academic successes of our athletes is due to her efforts.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, wardly said:

Wonder why Baler isn't in mix for Missouri A.D. position?

For one, they just started a search committee and may want to take their time to make the right decision for their school.  Secondly, with everything going on there they may want a fresh start with a new person.  Thirdly, they may want someone who has more experience.  Fourthly, there could be some major booster who doesn't want some hick from Smalltown, OK to run their AD office.  Fifthly, sometimes we get lucky, right?  That is possible ... right? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexan95 said:

For one, they just started a search committee and may want to take their time to make the right decision for their school.  Secondly, with everything going on there they may want a fresh start with a new person.  Thirdly, they may want someone who has more experience.  Fourthly, there could be some major booster who doesn't want some hick from Smalltown, OK to run their AD office.  Fifthly, sometimes we get lucky, right?  That is possible ... right? 

Are you talking about Baylor? Because they just got Mack Rhoades, Missouri's previous AD, who's departure elevated Wren Baker to his current interim position there.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Christopher Walker said:

Are you talking about Baylor? Because they just got Mack Rhoades, Missouri's previous AD, who's departure elevated Wren Baker to his current interim position there.

I was talking about Baker.  Just realized the post I quoted was talking about Baler.  I'm assuming he meant Baker. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheTastyGreek said:

If I'm Capper or Nitardy, I think I may as well just not bother showing up to the office on Monday morning. 

Let's add Tim Crouch to that list. Tired of our own PA guy mis-identifying players. 

• Upvote 6