Lets talk uniforms!

DeepGreen

On 7/25/2016 at 3:11 PM, MGNation92 said:

I wish they would have the throwbacks from 2013 as regular uniform options. I thought they looked damn good

2013-north-texas-football-throwback-unif

This one was the first that came to my mind when i saw the thread title.  I wish we could roll out this and the Halloween uniforms from that same season at least once per year.  Perhaps I'm blinded by all of the hope and excitement after each of those games, but i think I liked the looks of them prior to kickoff.

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

i like the uniforms but we need new helmets to match

agree...loved our throwback traditional look...but needed the matching traditional helmet from the same era.

green helmet, one white stripe & grey face mask 

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

There are several shades of green on that website, primary and secondary.  Doesn't seem like anybody has ever been able to choose one.  They also seem to change about every sixteen minutes.

Any of the secondary colors are strictly for use as accents in publications or design work. PMS 356*C and its fabric equivalent is what is dictated as the only color approved for merchandise and clothing.

The rub is in controlling every vendor outside of the University's reach who still thinks their odd shade of Kelly Green is fine. These are your Wal*Marts and the like.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Controlling every vendor outside of the University's reach who still thinks their odd shade of Kelly Green is fine is where the rub is. These are your Wal*Marts and the like.

That's CLC's job, and that's the problem.

As I've suggested to the AD and URCM depts for 14 years now...I still say we should go independant and self license and tell CLC to eff off.  They've done absolutely nothing for us and never will.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1