If MWC loses a team, UNT could be in play...

Harry

I mentioned this here ( ;D  ). I don't mind a mega conference anymore, given that UNT is in a 14 team behemoth right now. As long as we get regular games in our division against regional foes ( it is essentially a conference within a conference ) I'm happy. So however it shakes out, being in CUSA or MWC is really the same or will be the same. What does UNT have in common with Charlotte? About the same as San Diego. If we only have a trip out there once every three/four years? I'm fine with it. Nice destinations to travel for those so inclined and regular division games within the state. And maybe one to like, Jonesboro. 

If the money's right, I'm good. Right now this CUSA TV deal isn't good enough money. I don't know that MWC would improve it but if it is better AND there are nearby schools? Do it. If not, stay.  

• Upvote 1

I still think the Big XII will lose Texas, OU, KU, WVU, Tech, and OSU to other power leagues when this is all said and done. I still think the Texoma 4 go west, KU goes north, and WVU goes to the ACC. That leaves the conference with Baylor, TCU, KSU, ISU, UH, BYU, and whoever else is up for consideration. You'll probably see Cincy, UCF, USF, Memphis, Colorado State, and NIU go into the new, non-power Big XII.

The AAC would replace UH with Rice, Cincy with Ohio, Memphis with MUTS, and USF and UCF with Marshall and Southern Miss. The MWC would replace Colorado State with UTEP. 

CUSA West would be us, UTSA, Texas State, La Tech, ULL. CUSA East would be WKU, ODU, Charlotte, FIU, FAU, and Arkansas State.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Rudy said:

Talk about Sun Belt 2.0. Good God that's atrocious.

We are already in SBC 2.0. But we aren't moving upward from it anytime soon. Besides, regionalization for the non-power leagues will be good for travel and cost containment.

We missed our MWC chances and are blocked by SMU for any AAC invite. Unless CUSA turns back into what it was before it became the AAC, basically, which is doubtful, we are going to have to find contentment  in playing the F_Us and other spares as conference mates until things change. As long as we have UTEP, UTSA, Rice, and LaTech as division mates, our conference setup is still miles better than it was anytime before now.

• Downvote 2

If we continue to suck at the revenue sports, especially football then we may be blocked from conference X. If we are actually good and start winning and drawing crowds then smoo will have no say in where we go. 

If we suck and the only thing we offer is a chance to play in DFW market every other year then we are blocking ourselves. 

Win and build a following. We can't expect to move to improve our affiliation until we take care of business on the field and in the stands. 

15 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

If we continue to suck at the revenue sports, especially football then we may be blocked from conference X. If we are actually good and start winning and drawing crowds then smoo will have no say in where we go. 

If we suck and the only thing we offer is a chance to play in DFW market every other year then we are blocking ourselves. 

Win and build a following. We can't expect to move to improve our affiliation until we take care of business on the field and in the stands. 

exactly right-if we continue on our losing ways we will be asking the denton high schools if we can join their conference.   We have to win to have any chance of moving up in the world like UH or TCU.