Yes, at Italian Restaurants in New Mexico, they sure do!

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/black-olives-matter-sign-stirs-up-heated-debate-on-social-media/4200674/

"I think it shows an interesting state of affairs of where our country is that people, first of all, can be offended by a statement about a vegetable. Black olives matter, and it does matter in our tapenade."

39Black_Olives_Matter39_sign_stirs_up_he

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Science, fruit; culinary, vegetable.  Same as tomato.

To me, it was more surprising to discover that there are still white people in Albuquerque.

What do olives have to do with white people?   Given your history, I would stay on topic (your own topic) or the hammer will come down on you.
clock_cat.gif

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

This thread is about as funny as that Pokemon thread @Quoner made. 

Brb...uploading your grandfather's shady past to an imugr Wonka meme to post later.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

So, everyone who posts is either:

(1) grinding a political ax, or
(2) expecting to piss off people?

There are no posts that are simply posts of information/news to start a discussion?  You are required to read some sort of intent into every post?

Not everyone, just you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You do realize that the section which holds this particular forum is called, "UNT News and Opinion."  Let's focus on the opinion part, particularly the reality that not everyone will have the same opinion.

Take this thread for example, I could care less about olives or racial movements, even though I eat olives and am married to a Mexican.  But, I thought it was interesting that the business owner stuck his neck out in such a public way given the events of the past two years, and so shared the news story.

Where people take it makes no difference to me.  They could love the guy or hate him.  I don't care.  All I've done is posted a news story. 

Because everyone posting is an adult, why does it matter whether or not we all agree on things in this forum?  We don't all agree on things in the football section of the forum, or any other. 

Adults, shockingly, often disagree with one another about even things they agree about on the surface:  I want UNT's football team to win, and I think this is the blueprint; someone else has another blueprint.  Our hope is the same, but how we think the hope will be fulfilled is different.  What's the problem?

They are just opinions.  You might have one, I might have another.  Who cares?  Are there really people here - adult, grown up, "grown ass men" people - who are so fragile that they cannot brook someone simply disagreeing with them in an online forum comprised of people they rarely, if ever, see?

• Downvote 6

But then you will have people who will intentionally do this when you allow it again just to get it shut down. 

There are brand new national issues that were being discussed, not the same old ones. That thread and that discussion led to the shut down.

Whatever happened to disciplining people who break the rules? Why punish the many for the sins of the few? 

Communism is alive and well on GMG.com ?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Sometimes people read into things what they want to read into things...

The only thing mentioned was the possible cause of the coup attempt. Boom. Thread shut down. 

When Cerebus mentions the possible cause of the Ukraine conflict, no shut down.

Look, I like that thread. But you can't have it both ways. You can't say "it's ok to talk about world events, except in Muslim countries," which is exactly what you have done here.

So, instead of disciplining those that deserve it, we are now left with only being able to talk about what Tasty wants to talk about? 

I was wrong. It's facism, not communism.

#fightthepower

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6