1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Sometimes people read into things what they want to read into things...

The only thing mentioned was the possible cause of the coup attempt. Boom. Thread shut down. 

When Cerebus mentions the possible cause of the Ukraine conflict, no shut down.

Look, I like that thread. But you can't have it both ways. You can't say "it's ok to talk about world events, except in Muslim countries," which is exactly what you have done here.

So, instead of disciplining those that deserve it, we are now left with only being able to talk about what Tasty wants to talk about? 

I was wrong. It's facism, not communism.

#fightthepower

It's clearly the Baptists and Presbyterians that are raising so much hell in Turkey.

Discussing Turkey without the Islam angle is like discussing WWII without mentioning the tiny role Nazism played in it.

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

Look @TheTastyGreek - I really need this board. If I can't call out the same people I always disagree with and get +1s from the people I know agree with me (until they split off on another topic and we eat each other like jackals suddenly and violently), I have nothing else. Let's be honest, you've heard about my no-good son and his hijinx. It's only a matter of time until he's showing up on the Google. There is not a lot happening for me or him - and the AD won't even let him on the field at halftime.

Please, all I know is this life. Who are you to take it from me? How dare you play god.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

53 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Look @TheTastyGreek - I really need this board. If I can't call out the same people I always disagree with and get +1s from the people I know agree with me (until they split off on another topic and we eat each other like jackals suddenly and violently), I have nothing else. Let's be honest, you've heard about my no-good son and his hijinx. It's only a matter of time until he's showing up on the Google. There is not a lot happening for me or him - and the AD won't even let him on the field at halftime.

Please, all I know is this life. Who are you to take it from me? How dare you play god.

This is what I'm talking about! People like Quoner need this forum. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, Cerebus said:

I tend to interpret it more as a nearly clinical lack of emotional maturity.

I find it highly ironic that you can opine on the cultural causes (race, religion, ethnicity, etc) that effect Ukraine, yet when Rudy posts a similar statement about Turkey, that thread is immediately shut down. 

It's a clear and unfair double standard, and always will be when you try blanket discipline for the acts of a few. 

Again, I enjoy the Ukraine thread, but the double standard is really quite amazing and is basically one  Admin saying "we will only talk about what I deem acceptable / want to talk about." 

#fightthepower

#summerofcensorship

#whathappenedtomurica

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

On 7/22/2016 at 9:02 AM, UNT90 said:

I find it highly ironic that you can opine on the cultural causes (race, religion, ethnicity, etc) that effect Ukraine, yet when Rudy posts a similar statement about Turkey, that thread is immediately shut down. 

It's a clear and unfair double standard, and always will be when you try blanket discipline for the acts of a few. 

Again, I enjoy the Ukraine thread, but the double standard is really quite amazing and is basically one  Admin saying "we will only talk about what I deem acceptable / want to talk about." 

#fightthepower

#summerofcensorship

#whathappenedtomurica

First, I didn't shut down the Ukraine thread and I didn't shut down the Turkey thread, so you're barking up the wrong tree.    

Second, none of the cultural causes has been brought up in the Ukraine thread in quiet a long time.  When they were brought up they were used to explain the differences in the western and eastern parts of the country, and what it has historically meant and what it can mean for the countries future.  No one used the cultural differences to disparage either group or to make wide accusations about the wider cultural group membership.  That has happened repeatedly in may threads on this section of the forum and is why I mostly avoid them like I would an open cesspool.

Third, this is Harry's board.  He can enforce whatever rules of behavior how he wants.   If you don't like it use the free market and start your own.  Are you some sort of internet Communist that believes the means of message board post production should be redistributed from the people who paid for it to those that do the work of posting?  

Fourth,  arguing publicly with moderators about rule enforcement is against the rules.   If you disagree with something, you can PM me or one of the other mods.  We have talked about his repeatedly.  The mods are doing a hard, thankless job for no remuneration and this is one of the simple rules that makes the damn job even remotely bearable.  Since we have repeatedly talked about this on the board and in PM, if you do it again I am going to ban you until the end of next season.   Stop making TTG's job harder, he is just doing what he can to make this a good community and if you can't live within the rules of that community you will not be allowed to freely participate in it.  

Feel like a ban hammer for all Cougar King-like folks would do a lot of good. 

My bloodlust is severe.

I mean theres always a refuge for the banned. Send them off with a link to this http://makeawebsitehub.com/choose-right-blogging-platform/  like Rameses giving Moses Charlton Heston a staff. 

Medium, or Blogger, or Wordpress.com. I don't like Squarespace so much - Typepad is meh. Ghost is intriguing. 

Edited by aztecskin
clarity
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

Feel like a ban hammer for all Cougar King-like folks would do a lot of good. 

My bloodlust is severe.

I mean theres always a refuge for the banned. Send them off with a link to this http://makeawebsitehub.com/choose-right-blogging-platform/  like Rameses giving <strike>Moses</strike> Charlton Heston a staff. 

Medium, or Blogger, or Wordpress.com. I don't like Squarespace so much - Typepad is meh. Ghost is intriguing. 

I don't understand the words coming out of your mouth. 

• Upvote 2