4 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

So quoner is going to be an early challenger of the subject-which-must-not-be-discussed

Interesting...

There's a two page Nice thread for you to monitor if this is so important to you. Any insight on PokemonGo? 

3 minutes ago, Quoner said:

There's a two page Nice thread for you to monitor if this is so important to you. Any insight on PokemonGo? 

I had just heard about this in the morning and then spent that evening in Addison. At 10:00PM, there were, a shit you not, 200 people in the park right there in central Addison, roaming around like zombie idiots. I took me a second to remember what I had seen on the news that morning. 

I mean, out in public doing that? Do these people ever expect to speak with a person of the opposite sex? Amazing.

So I just pulled up GMG and started to post for the 100th time that day and ran into a light pole as I was walking...

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I had just heard about this in the morning and then spent that evening in Addison. At 10:00PM, there were, a shit you not, 200 people in the park right there in central Addison, roaming around like zombie idiots. I took me a second to remember what I had seen on the news that morning. 

I mean, out in public doing that? Do these people ever expect to speak with a person of the opposite sex? Amazing.

So I just pulled up GMG and started to post for the 100th time that day and ran into a light pole as I was walking...

I went to a donation bin around 10 pm last night near a business and saw like 30 people roaming the sidewalks with the blue lights on their faces. They all sort of looked at me at once and I was half expecting a hiss back in my direction. 

1 minute ago, Quoner said:

I went to a donation bin around 10 pm last night near a business and saw like 30 people roaming the sidewalks with the blue lights on their faces. They all sort of looked at me at once and I was half expecting a hiss back in my direction. 

What Pokemon did you catch in the bin?

2 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

What Pokemon did you catch in the bin?

Because of the game, I now know what Squirtle is. I also have many questions:

• Who are the other Pokemon/men?
  • What happens in gyms? Is this like a 70s YMCA thing?
  • People keep having to walk to make eggs hatch. How do I get said egg?
  • Why did the university tweet Scrappy as a Pokemon?
  • Why do they have to fight each other? They seem cute and nice.
  • When will this fad end?
  • And, since it seems to bug someone, I'm fairly certain if you lived in a society that plucked you from your home, kept you in a prison a fraction of your size and only let you out to battle others, you'd be pretty much for local government and control, too. Has nothing to do with our current situation, but just read about it online and wanted to get this thread the eyeballs it deserves. I will happily remove if needed.

8 minutes ago, greenminer said:

More people wandering around, staring at phones and oblivious to their immediate surroundings.

To be fair most of these same people used to be in front of a computer screen with a bag of twizzlers and a big gulp.  Their skin really needed the sun.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HoustonEagle said:

To be fair most of these same people used to be in front of a computer screen with a bag of twizzlers and a big gulp.  Their skin really needed the sun.

Everyone posting in this thread has between 896 and 26,657 posts.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

one of those numbers is a lot bigger than the other.  Hmmm who could it be? 

Anyways,  back to my Pokemon. There is Radat close by. 

Leave it to you to be jealous of my size. Not surprised. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

So quoner is going to be an early challenger of the subject-which-must-not-be-discussed

Interesting...

Hey, noticed a lot of direct political action in other threads yet no word from you. Have you stopped pointing it out or are you just reporting it quietly?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1