MGB: UNT's C-USA schedule in men's hoops is out

ouff. so UNTs first seven games: 5 road games and home games vs UAB and MTSU. Road games not all easy opponents either. Feels like TB needs to get this team rolling early or they could easily go 2-5 or worse.

If that happens the new AD just might take his medicine and expell TB out of our system.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, outoftown said:

ouff. so UNTs first seven games: 5 road games and home games vs UAB and MTSU. Road games not all easy opponents either. Feels like TB needs to get this team rolling early or they could easily go 2-5 or worse.

If that happens the new AD just might take his medicine and expell TB out of our system.

Maybe we will finally hire a head basketball coach after not having one for 5 years. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, outoftown said:

Should have pulled that trigger months ago. We would already have our rebuild process underway and be on the road to success. Now we won't start that journey for 8 or 9 months. Sigh. Missed opportunities.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• 1 month later...

I understand the situation but we are already eating the remainder of two contracts.  Just how much additional debt can we take?  There is enough talent here that any member of the coaching should be able to win 40% of the games.  While I don't feel that there will be enough wins for Benford to be retained (I believe that it will take a minimum of a Dance invite), I don't see enough gains to keep him from finishing the year.  

Basketball is actually Wren Baker's forte and I believe that he knows the best thing to do in this case.  At least Benford won't be leaving the cupboard totally bare.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just remember that when you see where we sit in the standings this season, even with Benford making his last march on the sidelines, it just means that RV is gone. Itll make it much easier to accept when you realize we basically chose to get rid of RV right away and wait a year on Benford since it was more economically friendly. Ill take the trade any day.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1