MGB: UNT recruiting target series -- Justice Oluwaseun

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Please for the LOVE, quit putting how shitty we have been for the last umpteen years, these kids need no reminders.  Just do the recruiting piece and leave it alone. It is not to complicated a process I don't believe.  Ok rant over. 

They can't put our recent history in there and, according to some, we can't dwell on the successful coaches.

Ya'll are kinda limiting what Vito has to work with here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, greenminer said:

They can't put our recent history in there and, according to some, we can't dwell on the successful coaches.

Ya'll are kinda limiting what Vito has to work with here.

Nope, do the recruiting piece and leave everything else out. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Nope, do the recruiting piece and leave everything else out. 

If I want to know why a recruit comes to UNT (which I do), then putting some context in there is fine...almost necessary.  I could do without the mention of record, but that's about it.  I'll live.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, djohnnie said:

How many o linemen do we need? Seems like the defensive side of the football could stand to add a few members on the Defensive end front. Anyone with me

on that?

GMG

O-line is the # need area to my understanding.  WR after that.

3 minutes ago, djohnnie said:

How many o linemen do we need? Seems like the defensive side of the football could stand to add a few members on the Defensive end front. Anyone with me

on that?

GMG

Defense will look to add one/ two DL a few LB and a few secondary players and the rest offensive.. OL and WR are two largest areas of concern for good reason.  The amount of shuffling that OL did this year was bad.  I credit coaches for trying everything but that just was not good.  

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Defense will look to add one/ two DL a few LB and a few secondary players and the rest offensive.. OL and WR are two largest areas of concern for good reason.  The amount of shuffling that OL did this year was bad.  I credit coaches for trying everything but that just was not good.  

We only have about 5 spots left in the class. Not enough for multiple d-linemen, linebackers, and DBs with room for offense. We're going to need to be very smart with how we use the remaining spots.

6 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

We only have about 5 spots left in the class. Not enough for multiple d-linemen, linebackers, and DBs with room for offense. We're going to need to be very smart with how we use the remaining spots.

Mis worded, speaking in terms of the class overall. 

http://247sports.com/Player/Justice-Oluwaseun-93524?_ga=1.72777238.46348838.1465867058

Interesting, there are no offers since June, at least as reported in the link above.  I first thought it could be a qualifying issue, but he lists academics as being important.  Curious where he stands since he had initially stated he wanted to commit prior to the season.

6 minutes ago, MEEN2018 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jacobb1813/status/820677977545572352

This makes it seem like we have cooled off on Justice. Not sure though. Would like to add him but know it's hard with only 20 available spots so lots of strategy involved.

Nice catch. I would say Brammer and Oluwaseun fill similar roles. I don't mean the same position of course, but I mean we likely wanted just one of them given our limited number of signing spots this year. On top of that, we already have 2 offensive guards committed, but only 1 WR with only 5 spots left. I just don't see a spot being there for him this year.

• Upvote 1