Why Not North Texas???....

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

I think what he was saying here is lost in translation since you weren't there.  He has been asked by lots of his coaching buddies "Why North Texas?" To which he replies to them why not? He believes in this place, this state and the coaches and athletes in it.  He is a ball coach who eats sleeps and breathes football.  He is going to be a really good HC. I just pray we can keep him around long enough to make him our own Gary Patterson.  This guy is big time! 

I think what we're more weary of is that the "Why Not North Texas?" has been a consistent thematic narrative that was perpetuated by RV's spin-machine. The phrase has been perpetuated in various rah-rah moments since Todd Dodge. In fact, you could almost tell last night that Seth was asked to give his version of this exact speech, and while he himself is genuine, knowing the subtext of its origin causes it to fall flat. It felt almost forced.

However, when he got through with that AD-spun tidbit and started just talking from himself, it was nearly night and day. He is incredibly candid and funny.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm going to try and remember this when Littrell is successful, and come back to give you kudos for your unbridled confidence that he's the man.   I doubt you'll be patting yourself on the back.  But you've been very outspoken so far, whereas most people have more "cautious optimism"... myself included.

I won't be patting myself on the back, but basking in the greatness that will be UNT football! I appreciate it. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, untcampbell said:

He also said something to the effect that he plays with a chip on his shoulder..."played or coached at a lot of great basketball schools." Guy has an attitude that I like. Feels he has everything he needs to win, i.e. facilities, administration support, etc.

My favorite line was that he went out and found defensive coaches that run defenses he hates to coach against.

This coach is a winner. Get used to it.

GMG

His record is 0-0. I'll reserve judgement until the middle of year 3. 

I did like some of what he said.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3