Hank Dickenson advertising for the AD job

UNT90

7 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

It is Hank putting these out or are people throwing their support behind him?

Either way, I don't see how it's any different than flying a banner calling for someone to be fired.

Of course you wouldn't. I'm sure Hank and 3 wins for the next 3 seasons is all you require.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 16

Whatever it takes for you to float your storyline. You've proven you'll say just about anything about anyone, regardless of how truthful it is or not.

Just remember, you set the bar for people throwing their support for a specific person or cause. Had you never raised the money to fly a banner I bet people wouldn't be paying to show their support for Hank.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Whatever it takes for you to float your storyline. You've proven you'll say just about anything about anyone, regardless of how truthful it is or not.

Just remember, you set the bar for people throwing their support for a specific person or cause. Had you never raised the money to fly a banner I bet people wouldn't be paying to show their support for Hank.

Lol. You are a naive little one, aren't you? 

Why wont you and some others let the banner go? I have, or at least tried to, yet here you are, crying about it.

Part of me thinks it's because you weren't involved in it, and part of me thinks you just didn't care if losing little UNT stayed the same losing  place it always had been as long as everyone could BBQ on Saturdays in the fall. 

I'd like for everyone to take notice of who keeps bringing up the banner. It isn't those that paid to fly it. It's those that had nothing to do with it, ridiculed it as useless, are friends of RV's, or a combo of these. 

They are either jealous, butthurt, or a combo of both.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 12

18 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I'd like for everyone to take notice of who keeps bringing up the banner. It isn't those that paid to fly it. It's those that had nothing to do with it, ridiculed it as useless, are friends of RV's, or a combo of these. 

They are either jealous, butthurt, or a combo of both.

Or they just like watching you freak out?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, CMJ said:

I mean I don't really want Hank to get the job, but I am not gonna flip my shit because some friends of his advertise him for the gig.  I doubt Frenchy's is gonna bring UNT to it's knees.  Good Lord people.

I think you underestimate the huge push for Hank as AD in Denton right now. 

Yes, it matters. Possibly a lot.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

It's legitimate for the College of Music to hire from within; other UNT departments better have some overwhelmingly convincing candidate to do so.  One thing about winning is that it is to some extent, a habit, one that has not been picked up by those who have been part of the athletic department staff at UNT.  Plus, there are so many talented individuals out there.  I know it seems tempting to find and promote someone who is known in the community, but if you look at some of the people who have really made a difference at North Texas, they were brought in from the outside as new talent, on the way up.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

and even then....they hired the new dean externally.  

Well, some UNT grads have been hired into good positions by the music program, but most of the ones who really made a difference, Like Leon Breeden, came from the outside.  At least they understand the importance of bringing in the best available talent.  If it's talent you developed, fine; if there's better from the outside, bring it.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Here let me help with that.

Wanting RV Gone = Good

Wanting RV's Second In Command To Replace RV = Bad

Rick

It appears not everyone shares your opinion. You know, that's OK and they're allowed to publicly display their opinion despite how much others may disagree.

Hopefully President Smatresk is squelching out all the noise (from everyone, including people from this message board) to make a sound hiring decision.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Long term leadership tends to build and shape a very strong business culture, along with ingraining business processes.  If you want to continue the past 15 years because you deem them so successful, then go ahead and hire from within.  

If however, you think the culture and processes need fundamental changes, then hiring from within, especially of a long term employee, is not the proper way to go.  

14 hours ago, drex said:

Never underestimate the power of Frenchy...nothing says Mean Green like bright orange.

Has anyone canvassed Tony Cooper and the All Pro Foundation Repair guys for their pick yet?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, drex said:

Nice of Denton to promote Hank, but what has Denton done for Hank or the UNT athletic program?  Given population, etc. the answer is not much.

A stable job?

18 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Has anyone canvassed Tony Cooper and the All Pro Foundation Repair guys for their pick yet?

See, they'd have to side with Georgio on this one. Dangit, Georgio!

• Upvote 1