**Important Meeting for All UNT Alumni, Boosters and Fans**

Harry

I consider myself an amateur golfer. Noob is probably another appropriate term.

Which major university's athletic program can I help guide? I'll charge less than the "other guys".

Oh, and @GMG24, periscope your heart out. It gives people that can't make it an opportunity to ask questions.

"Gary from Lake Wobegon asks..."

• Upvote 1

Bottom line with the ticket office.  This is the primary conduit for PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GIVE UNT MONEY.  

It shouldn't be difficult.  You shouldn't have to come to this message board to get the super secret backdoor phone number.  You shouldn't be put on hold, transferred multiple times or ever, ever be told, "Um, I don't know who takes care of that."

Before there are wins and losses, before there are coaching changes, before they update the flavors of beer in Apogee.

MAKE IT EASIER FOR PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU MONEY

Oops. Meant to put this on the "On hold with the ticket office" thread.  Oh well.  You get the idea.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

I'm curious why you think this?

For a couple of reasons.

First off, the person who could affect any kind of change hasn't even been hired yet. So what's going to happen tonight- somebody from Trip's group will be in the corner taking notes and when the new AD comes in they're going to say "hey, before you were hired we met with some fans and here's their gripes." Maybe. But even if that does happen I'm pretty sure the complaint "Ticket office sucks" will be watered down to "Challenges with ticket office."

Secondly, the main problem with the UNT Athletic Department isn't they don't listen to the fans. Or that the fans are disgruntled. That's the symptom. The disease has been ineffective, disorganized, unimaginative, and lousy decision-making leadership. If you don't fix that, it doesn't matter that oldguystudent gets to get things off his chest tonight. 

I get that people are frustrated and getting to voice their complaints tonight makes them feel better, good for them. But....

85% of the problems complained about on this board can be fixed with a competent AD. The other 15% will always be bitched about (including myself) because not everybody sees eye to eye on every issue. Considering the person to fix these issues has yet to be hired, I'm not sure how letting UNT90 vent about the schedule is solving anything. If anything, have this meeting about six months AFTER the new guy has been on the job. Or better yet, have an "Ask the AD" page on the web site and let him hear grievances through there. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• Harry unpinned this topic