Suspect sent to mental facility

After a night in Denton City Jail after making what police said were terroristic threats last week, Peshwaz Azad Waise was moved to a mental treatment facility outside of Denton, where he remained Monday.

Waise was arrested Wednesday on a charge he made terroristic threats. He was trying to distribute the Quran, the Islamic holy book, to people at various places in Denton and allegedly threatened employees at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton’s Center for Women on Bonnie Brae Street before he was taken into custody at the Denton County Courts Building by police.

Waise is charged with a Class A misdemeanor, which carries a maximum penalty of up to one year in prison and a $4,000 fine.

Police officials say more charges could be filed whenever Waise is released and the investigation is completed.

read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20160620-suspect-sent-to-mental-facility.ece

• Upvote 1

Is it just me, or does this situation seem like it is being kept under wraps? Hopefully, the FBI is all over this guy like white on rice! Questions I would like to see answered are:

1. Citizenship status. 2. What is he doing in Denton? 3. How does he support himself / who is supporting him? 4. Who are his friends and associates? 5. What do the contents of his electronic devices say about him?

Looks to me like just another Mateen ready to go off.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So...Pezwad was born in Iraq, raised in Virginia, and graduated from George Mason in 2010. What is he doing here? He reportedly just walked into the Denton mosque one day. Sounds like he was admitted to this country under some refugee program. Same pattern as Mateen.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

You never know when big Gov is gonna attack. It might be nice to have the crazies fighting along side us.

I think you said that in jest...but when you are browsing just for the helluvit, check out the ongoing militarization of Government agencies that should have absolutely no reason to arm their people. What is this all about?

Here, I'll get you started:

http://www.freedomworks.org/content/obama’s-private-army-militarizing-federal-agencies

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/376053/united-states-swat-john-fund

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/7/golden-hammer-feds-spending-millions-to-arm-agenci/

Edited by EagleMBA
Addition
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On June 27, 2016 at 9:41 AM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Yes, but if he'd tried to buy a firearm, many people here would have supported his right to do so.

Right, because if he couldn't get it legally, he would neeeeever just go buy it off the street.

Because we all know how law abiding terrorist are...

stupid argument

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Really?  Did Omar Mateen buy his off the street?  Your argument works if he did.  But, sadly, he didn't.  He bought it from a gun dealer.

Yes, he did buy it legally from a gun dealer who ran a background check. Where that failed is a long list of people, starting with the FBI, who looked the other way. He was carrying a gun for work and was in a position of trust. He exhibited problem signs many times, yet no one had the balls to blow the whistle.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Yes, he did buy it legally from a gun dealer who ran a background check. Where that failed is a long list of people, starting with the FBI, who looked the other way. He was carrying a gun for work and was in a position of trust. He exhibited problem signs many times, yet no one had the balls to blow the whistle.

Okay, but that's what we are talking about: 

(1) A list
(2) of people on, or formerly on, FBI's list of potential terrorist/having terrorist ties
(3) to prevent them from easily obtaining firearms.

Both Feinstein (Democrat) and Cornyn (Republican) had provision for that in their bills that the two stupid parties rejected for the sake of their own PR!

This isn't rocket science.  It isn't infringing on any current gun owners rights.  It's not the government knocking down my dad or brother's door and taking their guns from them.

It is common sense legislation that is sorely needed because, it's 2016, not 1816.

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Okay, but that's what we are talking about: 

(1) A list
(2) of people on, or formerly on, FBI's list of potential terrorist/having terrorist ties
(3) to prevent them from easily obtaining firearms.

Both Feinstein (Democrat) and Cornyn (Republican) had provision for that in their bills that the two stupid parties rejected for the sake of their own PR!

This isn't rocket science.  It isn't infringing on any current gun owners rights.  It's not the government knocking down my dad or brother's door and taking their guns from them. (OR mine from me)

It is common sense legislation that is sorely needed because, it's 2016, not 1816.

We are not far apart. Hell, I could stand to drink a cold Shiner with you. I thought Cornyn's bill was workable. Lose the description "common sense" please; not because there isn't such a thing but because every left-leaning politician includes that in his/her remarks and it is starting to make my hair stand on end.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

We are not far apart. Hell, I could stand to drink a cold Shiner with you. I thought Cornyn's bill was workable. Lose the description "common sense" please; not because there isn't such a thing but because every left-leaning politician includes that in his/her remarks and it is starting to make my hair stand on end.

Agree. We'll have to share a few at a tailgate.  Make mine a Lone Star or Miller High Life and we're there.  I'll throw my wife the car keys.

As far as common sense, there's also a little prejudice in me in that if I was a gun store owner and was running a gun check on a guy named Omar Mateen, and the check came back with the message. "hold due to FBI terror list"...I think that's what I consider common sense.

That's more common sense than my dad or brother buying shotgun shells a week in advance of dove season and whatnot.  I think we can all agree that gun store owners can weed out the two types of customers they'd be dealing with in an FBI Terror Restriction List era.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Allow me a personal story. I don't purchase copious amounts of armament, but every time I have purchased something the guy behind the counter has always been a little reserved and asked me questions to "size me up". At the last purchase I made, he softened up a little when I plopped down both my DL and CHL. He came back in a few minutes, smiled, and said "You've been a good boy." I related this not to assure anyone who reads this that I am a "good boy" but to let people know that most gun salesmen take their work seriously. I suspect the guy who sold to Mateen checked him out very carefully and had an uneasy feeling but no obvious basis on which to deny him the weapons.