Stephen Dieb, Highland Park RB and District MVP

On 8/8/2016 at 4:22 PM, UNTfbdad said:

Forthcoming on the 105 list.

Surely you know NOTHING! :) Welcome aboard.  Glad to have kids coming in from very successful programs.  Even though HP knocked us out of the playoffs 4 years ago, all because we didn't tackle a hitch route vs Heritage.  Y'all made a deep run that year and had a STUUUUUUD DL group.  First team we played where he truly had to double team each block just to get yardage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He is enrolled at North Texas and was waiting on a few things to clear up, which have now been taken care of.  Should start practicing with team any day now.  I would expect him to red-shirt this year.

When you bring in kids from sketchy schools like Highland Park this is part of the deal. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I know you are joking, but Stephen is a good young man from a good family.  As many of you are aware, he was involved in an altercation at the end of last school year.  This caused a delay.  He will be a great addition to the team, probably return man and slot receiver.  Littrell liked him because of Stephen's strong wrestling background, a sport in which he received a number of offers on the D1 level.  Wrestling, and the training involved, is a different animal than football.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Everything I have heard about this young man is positive and what very little I know about the altercation, the other party involved was long overdue for an ass kicking.  

I have zero concern over this kid's character or toughness. Looking forward to him joining the team once he takes care of his personal business. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

What happen @UNTLifer?

Not sure.  I reached out to his Dad and asked if Stephen was still with the team.  He responded that he was not, so I asked if he was transferring elsewhere or just decided to give up the sport.  He replied that Stephen was still trying to decide.

• Upvote 1