Endzone Structure: What Do You Call It?

UNTLifer

Designate the upper rows as Academy of Math and Science seats and call it "The Geek's Peak" (or Beak).

Or you could always make it Greek seating and go with "The Greeks Peak" (or Beak).

Then again you could donate it to the campus "Hippies" and call it the "The Freaks Peak". Give away an all expenses paid bus trip to Colorado in the 4th quarter of every home game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, foutsrouts said:

Designate the upper rows as Academy of Math and Science seats and call it "The Geek's Peak" (or Beak).

Or you could always make it Greek seating and go with "The Greeks Peak" (or Beak).

Then again you could donate it to the campus "Hippies" and call it the "The Freaks Peak". Give away an all expenses paid bus trip to Colorado in the 4th quarter of every home game.

Only if Linda Cardellini shows up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, drex said:

Wingstop promotion is an excellent idea...but of course, that would take work.

I doubt Wingstop would want to sponsor an empty section for the worst team in college football...

Maybe in a couple of years.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Rick, what would you have done differently?

What was talked about and what was hoped for by everyone I know.

1.Bowl it in.

2. Place the video board in back of it.

3. Then utilize and promote the beautiful views from the south patio for recruiting purposes and hosting pregame MGC events.

The way it is now, it's a two fold shit storm of a waste of space.  

No one sits in the wing zone for games (as I predicted) and we're getting absolutely ZERO use out of the benefits of having our athletic center overlooking our beautiful stadium.

Just another reason why RV gets no athletic facility credit from me.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

My only complaint with the current stadium design is the placement of the score/video board.  I have a feeling the current location was selected to minimize noise to our Denia Park friends and, as a result, will cause issues in the future.  They should move it to the top of the tail section, move the north scoreboard to the south end of the student side.  People will sit in those seats when seats are a premium.  The seats would not be much closer if it was "bowled" in.

4 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

What was talked about and what was hoped for by everyone I know.

1.Bowl it in.

2. Place the video board in back of it.

3. Then utilize and promote the beautiful views from the south patio for recruiting purposes and hosting pregame MGC events.

The way it is now, it's a two fold shit storm of a waste of space.  

No one sits in the wing zone for games (as I predicted) and we're getting absolutely ZERO use out of the benefits of having our athletic center overlooking our beautiful stadium.

Just another reason why RV gets no athletic facility credit from me.

Rick

Dude. I get that UNT sports are awful right now but that doesn't mean you have to be flat out miserable over everything!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I have a feeling the current location was selected to minimize noise to our Denia Park friends

It was moved from behind the wing zone to its current location because RV didn't want "All the fans in the wing zone to have to turn around and look behind them to watch the video board".

...smh...

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1