Still have a fair share of injuries yet are threatening to runaway with the West. 

If Fielder and Moreland can get it together and just be what they were last year for the remainder of this year, this may be the best Ranger team ever put on the field. And it's built for playoff baseball. 

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rangers come back in the 4th game of the series for the win 5-3, and win a club record 10 straight series at home.

Rick

They also insured that they can be no worse than tied with Seattle, even if they step in it for all three of the coming series with Seattle.  Hopefully the Rangers will not lay down.

14 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

They also insured that they can be no worse than tied with Seattle, even if they step in it for all three of the coming series with Seattle.  Hopefully the Rangers will not lay down.

Actually they would be one game ahead.  Seattle lost to Cleveland last night.  Texas rolls into Safeco tonight with a 4 game lead.

Rick

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Actually they would be one game ahead.  Seattle lost to Cleveland last night.  Texas rolls into Safeco tonight with a 4 game lead.

Rick

Yessir! I saw that this morning when I checked the late scores (bedtime for me comes earlier as the seasons pass). This is a tough road trip and I worry about a letdown against Oakland after Seattle. One game at a time.

Tolleson has not been himself. Apparently his father's health issues are in his head. Bannister has to give him a shot at getting back in stride...but against Seattle?? Tolleson needs to go to Frisco or Round Rock until he gets his mojo back IMO. I know they are trying to support him in his time of need but our lead is down to three games! Beltre's hammie has me concerned because he is such a leader and they need him on the field.

Edited by EagleMBA

I have been an usher at the ballpark this season for the Rangers, and I think this team is a lot better than the two World Series teams. They have the best record in the AL and have won 10 straight series at home. Really a fun team to watch. They normally don't score first but they're always a threat to get back in it. I'm not sure how many come-from-behind wins they've had but I know it's plenty.

• Upvote 1

I'm more into this team than either of the 2 World Series teams for some reason. Probably because I was at the game where Odor almost knocked out the most douchey, hated player in baseball. Plus having a friend who is a personal friend of Odor and laughing at the text exchange between the two when Odor was in the clubhouse immediately after the incident. Funny stuff and made me a fan of his for a long time to come. 

This team is just so so deep, from pitching to position players. Choo goes down? Plug in Mazara who isn't going anywhere. Beltre tweets a hammy? Profar takes over 3rd base. Moreland and Fielder in a slump? Hot hitting Profar there to step in and provide a wake up call. 

Deep, talented team that should go deep in the playoffs. 

Fun

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I'm more into this team than either of the 2 World Series teams for some reason. Probably because I was at the game where Odor almost knocked out the most douchey, hated player in baseball. Plus having a friend who is a personal friend of Odor and laughing at the text exchange between the two when Odor was in the clubhouse immediately after the incident. Funny stuff and made me a fan of his for a long time to come. 

This team is just so so deep, from pitching to position players. Choo goes down? Plug in Mazara who isn't going anywhere. Beltre tweets a hammy? Profar takes over 3rd base. Moreland and Fielder in a slump? Hot hitting Profar there to step in and provide a wake up call. 

Deep, talented team that should go deep in the playoffs. 

Fun

Agree.  The funnest part for me is how no matter who we have had to replace someone has stepped up.

Rick

I personally think the Rangers got too butthurt about the bat flip. I get that Bautista is a dick, maybe the biggest douche in baseball, but we had a 2-0 lead heading home and we couldn't win one game... Rangers fans should be more upset about that. And it was cowardly to peg Bautista on his last at-bat of the season, but either way, that punch was amazing. I'm sure Odor isn't the first player to think about that doing it. Even during the 7-game suspension, Profar steps up and the Rangers start their best stretch of the season. Now they took two of three in Seattle and has a season-best 5 game lead in the division!

• Downvote 1

YES! I like where we are at the moment. But I am a nervous Nelly this morning because we're headed into a four-game series on the road with the last place team in our division, after taking a series from the team on our tail. We are ripe for a letdown...and that scares me.

11 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

YES! I like where we are at the moment. But I am a nervous Nelly this morning because we're headed into a four-game series on the road with the last place team in our division, after taking a series from the team on our tail. We are ripe for a letdown...and that scares me.

I blame tonight's first 5 innings on you.

Rick

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

I blame tonight's first 5 innings on you.

Rick

Being a stand-up guy, I accept responsibility for that cluster-f last night. I felt it coming. Maybe tonight we will suck it up and move on to victory. Lets take two of the next three and get the hell out of Oakland.

• Upvote 1

Wilhelmsen's ERA went from 8.?? Back up to 10.55 last night.

The guy gave up something like 9 hits trying to get a 5th out.  Why he's still on this team is beyond me?

Rick

1 minute ago, FirefightnRick said:

Wilhelmsen's ERA went from 8.?? Back up to 10.55 last night.

The guy gave up something like 9 hits trying to get a 5th out.  Why he's still on this team is beyond me?

Rick

Excuse me...he gave up 9 hits and 6 earned runs while getting 3 outs, not 4.

Rick

• Upvote 1

10-6 bounce back win over Oakland.

Rangers tied for the second best record in all of the MLB at 40-25

That matches the best record in franchise history thru 65 games.

Tampa Bay defeated Seattle, so Texas extends its lead to 5 1/2 games.

And I don't believe the reported attendance for this game at 13,101.  Didn't look like 5,000 on TV.

And I was digging the dude behind the plate sporting the 60's era fro with the full blown lamb chops.  Rock On sir...Rock On!

image.jpg

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Rick, you forget to mention that Wilhelmsen got a one-way to AAA after that fiasco. " Why he's still on this team is beyond me? ". You called it.

3 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

Rick, you forget to mention that Wilhelmsen got a one-way to AAA after that fiasco. " Why he's still on this team is beyond me? ". You called it.

I've been on the water disrupting UNT90's peaceful serenity all afternoon so I just found this out.

Bout time.  Now leave him there!

Rick

17 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

And I don't believe the reported attendance for this game at 13,101.  Didn't look like 5,000 on TV

Ugh...we kinda did that for some games this past year...