'17 ATH Chris Miller (Denton)

5'11" 173 lb corner/receiver from Denton high. Spare verified 4.50 40-time. We have offered. Holds 13 offers, including Missouri, Iowa, Colorado, Houston, and Boise State.

highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3872241/chris-miller

http://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Miller-90436

http://www.scout.com/player/204852-chris-miller

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/190161

• Upvote 2

On 6/7/2016 at 2:25 PM, baberuthbomber8 said:

He would be one of the top players our staff should be trying to lock down... Kid has size, and isn't afraid to go across the middle in HS at least

Not sure what you consider size, but 5'11" 175lbs isn't really size. It's a good starting point to blossom in a good player. If we land this guy, this program has turned the corner with this staff without even a game played. 

• Upvote 1

Pretty good size for slot as well.

1 hour ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

5'11 175 is good size for a CB for HS/NCAA 

Tyrann Mathieu aka HoneyBadger agrees

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know it sucks to lose some of these kids, but to at least be in the picture with how crappy we have been, and the kid being in Denton with him knowing it first hand is a good sign...  This staff is out recuiting and getting us in the picture at least... If we can win some games, we could bring in some talent and keep it at home. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

It also doesn't hurt that they are in the Pac-12

Yeah i think that is more than likely the reason for these commitments.  ONe would have to think if we could be 7-5 or even 6-6 on a yearly bases we would win this type of recruit.

8 hours ago, BigDanTeague said:

Colorado has four Texans committed for 2017. Two four-stars and two three-stars.

Hopefully they are being pursued by our coaching staff.  I would think if they are interested in Colorado we stand a chance at swaying them with creating a NEWDENTON

• Upvote 1

Agreed, the struggles we have faced and the kid being from Denton, he is mostly aware of the problems.. But honestly if we were in the discussion, that's one hell of the job by the staff.. It sucks but most of the guys we are losing are going to bigger/better programs.. But programs we should compete with in the future if everything works out good with the staff.

19 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Yeah i think that is more than likely the reason for these commitments.  ONe would have to think if we could be 7-5 or even 6-6 on a yearly bases we would win this type of recruit.

Hopefully they are being pursued by our coaching staff.  I would think if they are interested in Colorado we stand a chance at swaying them with creating a NEWDENTON

One of the four-star kids has offers from Alabama, LSU, UCLA, etc.

The other has Arizona State, Missouri, Oklahoma State, etc.

EDIT: I add that simply to point out who Colorado has beaten (at least, for the time being) for those kids.

Edited by BigDanTeague
  • Upvote 1