'17 DB Vance Vallair (Beaumont Central)

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Sure sure.... lol Did NOT know we had one of those. Very Cool now we just need a dang Rivals page.  Also.  Im fixing to post something even though it is twitter, you'll like it! 

6 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Sure sure.... lol Did NOT know we had one of those. Very Cool now we just need a dang Rivals page.  Also.  Im fixing to post something even though it is twitter, you'll like it! 

It's just auto updated. Every school has one. If 247 reports an offer, it goes to that page automatically. Unfortunately still no actual active subsites with the major recruiting sites.

GAH~~~ @BillySee58  what does one of those sites cost to run etc?  I may use my money to support that rather than make athletic department donations.... I am sure I could get a few people to go in with me. 

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

GAH~~~ @BillySee58  what does one of those sites cost to run etc?  I may use my money to support that rather than make athletic department donations.... I am sure I could get a few people to go in with me. 

That may not be a bad idea. Although, for that it wouldn't be just an upfront donation. It would have to be assurance that our fans would continue to pay for the insiders for the content, not just an up front payment.

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

That may not be a bad idea. Although, for that it wouldn't be just an upfront donation. It would have to be assurance that our fans would continue to pay for the insiders for the content, not just an up front payment.

If content was worthwhile think people would pay the 9 bucks for a 6 month or year access?

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

What does the $9 get me in "premium content"?

That's an @BillySee58 type question. I've personally never paid it. Was at OU 1 year and didn't go back. Obviously UNT has never had one so no need for me to pay for another schools information.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

commits to nUTSAck. But Littrell and company are great recruiters right?

You win some, you lose some. UTSA also hired a great recruiter as a head coach and from a bigger, closer program in LSU. Our staff has recruited some really good prospects since they've been here as well.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

commits to nUTSAck. But Littrell and company are great recruiters right?

13 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

You win some, you lose some. UTSA also hired a great recruiter as a head coach and from a bigger, closer program in LSU. Our staff has recruited some really good prospects since they've been here as well.

We won't really know that one way or another for a couple of seasons.

The (very) early returns are mixed at best, but that could really change with all the effort they are apparently putting out.

• Upvote 3

On 6/6/2016 at 10:25 AM, DeepGreen said:

What does the $9 get me in "premium content"?

That depends on who's doing the coverage.

In football-dominated markets, that usually includes team coverage and recruiting coverage. Basketball team/recruiting coverage takes a backseat to football-related content.

In basketball-dominated markets, it's the opposite.

Vast majority of subscription-based sites that are run properly are $5-$10 per month. There can be fewer than 100 subscribers or there can be several thousand subscribers.

Edited by BigDanTeague

On 6/5/2016 at 8:50 PM, GMG24 said:

I believe at one point in time Scout was in talks with this site.

Either way the only way to get constant recruiting coverage is to have a site associated with a network (rivals,scout, 247) and enough subscribers to warrant hiring manpower to cover it. 

• Upvote 1