'17 QB Cade Pearson (Texas High) [LOI: NT]

Comp      Attempts       Comp %           Yards         TD       INT

98            138               71.1                  1588          17        2

This kid is tearing up east Texas. Let's hope the staff can hang on to him.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 3

On 10/20/2016 at 8:56 AM, Eagle-96 said:

Comp      Attempts       Comp %           Yards         TD       INT

98            138               71.1                  1588          17        2

This kid is tearing up east Texas. Let's hope the staff can hang on to him.

Averaging 16.2 yards a completion. Looks like he can throw it downfield a bit. Should be an interesting battle between him, Fine, and Isadore

On 10/23/2016 at 0:20 AM, BTG_Fan1 said:

@TheReal_jayD do we have any idea why he hasn't picked up any other offers? Or Is this kid telling other schools he isn't interested or most schools already locked in with their QBs for 2017 class already?

Lot of times with QB's, they commit early and pretty much shut it down. That goes from P5 to G5.

Now, it's certainly not out of the question for a P5 to change that and come snag a G5 commit late, but it's harder to do at QB because schools, regardless of conference affiliation, often take only one HS QB per cycle.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Texarkana Texas loses to West Mesquite 30 - 27.  Cade finished 12-29, 235 yards, 1 TD.  Maybe it's a case of the rest of the team not helping him???  If Mike Leach was the one who recommended him then I'm all for it. I just see passing numbers like that and have flashbacks to kid Canales brought in with the poor high school numbers. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

44 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Texarkana Texas loses to West Mesquite 30 - 27.  Cade finished 12-29, 235 yards, 1 TD.  Maybe it's a case of the rest of the team not helping him???  If Mike Leach was the one who recommended him then I'm all for it. I just see passing numbers like that and have flashbacks to kid Canales brought in with the poor high school numbers. 

Seriously?  This kid has a hell of a year and this is all you can come up with?

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

West Mesquite has multiple D1 guys playing defense for them this year.  None of them have offers yet but they will.  Their tape is impressive. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Geez, guys ... chill ... I reported on one not great game for him.  Back down from the ledge and put away the pitch forks.  

You probably took it too far with this...

I just see passing numbers like that and have flashbacks to kid Canales brought in with the poor high school numbers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Geez, guys ... chill ... I reported on one not great game for him.  Back down from the ledge and put away the pitch forks.  

I was fine until I fell like you threw him under the bus with the last sentence in your post.  No worries.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Congrats to Cade on a great season. Hopefully he doesn't read the board and take our "recruiting experts" seriously. We are excited to have him join the team.

1. NorthTexan95 is a dude who tracks this program and our scholarship situation as closely as anyone despite being 1K plus miles away. He has never tried to dub himself a recruiting expert, so not sure who you're quoting there.

2. Experts, as in plural? One guy being logically critical of a recruit means "recruiting experts" are not excited to have him next season?

7 hours ago, GMG24 said:

West Mesquite has multiple D1 guys playing defense for them this year.  None of them have offers yet but they will.  Their tape is impressive. 

This is both a good justification for a bad game, and potential cause for concern at the same time. Every player is a D1 guy at the next level, obviously. So this is a good test for a QB who is about to go from playing defenses with basically no D1 players to playing in college against only D1 players. Unfortunate to see him not do so well on that test, but also not the end of the world.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Take it how you want it, but you should never make negative comments about kids coming into the program. I am sure the coaching staff would love to hear that a kid decommitted because of negative people around the program. Recruits get on this board and read things that people are saying about them. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

1. NorthTexan95 is a dude who tracks this program and our scholarship situation as closely as anyone despite being 1K plus miles away. He has never tried to dub himself a recruiting expert, so not sure who you're quoting there.

As BillySee says, I am definitely NOT a recruiting expert.  All I do is punch in numbers on a spreadsheet. I don't see how anyone can be an expert unless they are looking seeing the kids in person, watching the film (not just the highlights) or talking to those who do see the players or the film.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

2. Experts, as in plural? One guy being logically critical of a recruit means "recruiting experts" are not excited to have him next season?

This is both a good justification for a bad game, and potential cause for concern at the same time. Every player is a D1 guy at the next level, obviously. So this is a good test for a QB who is about to go from playing defenses with basically no D1 players to playing in college against only D1 players. Unfortunate to see him not do so well on that test, but also not the end of the world.

Sorry Billy, I was in a Rush lol.  Yes I agree that it is cause for concern, IF he had other D1 players on his offense to help give him a chance.  I believe he's got a receiver little slot type 5'8 kid who has Tx State and Sam Houston offer other than that I am not sure what help he had from WR beating coverage.  I have a buddy who coaches at West and he is very high on both his LB's and all 4 back end guys.  After watching their tape I wouldn't mind UNT looking at a few of them for Defense.