'17 QB Cade Pearson (Texas High) [LOI: NT]

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I like Harris a lot, but considering our scheme, I think I would prefer this young man, the one from Belton, the one from Refugio ahead of Harris as a QB...in that order.  Hell, let's sign them all.

I would prefer Belton, Refurio/This kid, then Harris.. Just because the Belton Kid has a larger frame and I'm not sure how these guys could handle the size of college ball, just like we worried/discussed with Fine... But I would take any  of the 4... But if this kid were to put on some weight It would be very close to the Belton Kid....

4 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

I would prefer Belton, Refurio/This kid, then Harris.. Just because the Belton Kid has a larger frame and I'm not sure how these guys could handle the size of college ball, just like we worried/discussed with Fine... But I would take any  of the 4... But if this kid were to put on some weight It would be very close to the Belton Kid....

To me, Mansell is on a different level than the other 3.   Just based on Hudl highlights.  I would put Harris slightly above Moscorro, just because he seems to take better care of the ball when in the pocket and while running.  
Pearson is a nice QB.  I wouldn't mind landing him... I just like the other guys the staff is targeting a little better.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Was at the Tyler camp friday. Says he loves the coaching staff! Is visiting Denton Monday. His is my early prediction to be the 2017 class high school QB if i had to pick today. Things can change real quick. But if i had to pick one today he would be my choice 

Do we feel if Cade does become the 2017 QB, do we drop interest in other QBs and focus on another JUCO possibly to come in as well? or do we keep going after another HS arm?

25 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Do we feel if Cade does become the 2017 QB, do we drop interest in other QBs and focus on another JUCO possibly to come in as well? or do we keep going after another HS arm?

Would think we would sign 2 HS this class, JUCO Or maybe a one and done! If Bama can have a strong year that would be attractive to other transfers!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Big get! Staff developed that rapport early on and stayed with this kid. Folks who watch East Texas football say this kid and the kid from John Tyler are the best QB's in that part of the state.

I am super excited that we have a QB commitment for the 2017 class.  The only thing i would question is your statement above.  If he is one of the best in that part of the state.  Not sure is current offer list reflects that or that part of the state is down this year.  (I know that last statement is probably not true)

On June 11, 2016 at 1:49 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

Was at the Tyler camp friday. Says he loves the coaching staff! Is visiting Denton Monday. His is my early prediction to be the 2017 class high school QB if i had to pick today. Things can change real quick. But if i had to pick one today he would be my choice 

I hope this is a kid we can keep. If he can post his jr stats as a sr he will get some additional looks.

2 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I am super excited that we have a QB commitment for the 2017 class.  The only thing i would question is your statement above.  If he is one of the best in that part of the state.  Not sure is current offer list reflects that or that part of the state is down this year.  (I know that last statement is probably not true)

Its early, and it typically takes East Texas kids a little longer to get the exposure / be seen than kids from other parts of the state. This kid is a really good player, and will likely "blow up" in terms of recruiting as time progresses.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Its early, and it typically takes East Texas kids a little longer to get the exposure / be seen than kids from other parts of the state. This kid is a really good player, and will likely "blow up" in terms of recruiting as time progresses.

Good to hear!! hopefully if he does "blow up" he stays committed with us!!

• Upvote 1

Color me extremely impressed with this kid.  Love his upside, especially his frame which will allow him to get bigger, as well as his speed that can keep a defense honest.  My only concern is that I could see the interest in this guy blowup before all is said and done.  He is tailor made for this offense and I am sure being with Littrell and OC Harrell is a plus.  This is a pickup we probably would not have seen under Mac and Chico.

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

Color me extremely impressed with this kid.  Love his upside, especially his frame which will allow him to get bigger, as well as his speed that can keep a defense honest.  My only concern is that I could see the interest in this guy blowup before all is said and done.  He is tailor made for this offense and I am sure being with Littrell and OC Harrell is a plus.  This is a pickup we probably would not have seen under Mac and Chico.

This is what concerns me. He has all the talent plus under pressure he is still looking downfield! We never saw a talent like this under Mc! (Jr highlights) He will get additional D1 offers ! Having an encoraging season would help us!

• Upvote 1