'19 QB Will Kuehne (Owasso)

• 2 months later...

Kuehne shined in Owasso's season opening thumping of traditional power Jenks.  

Threw for almost 300 yards and 5 TDs. 

Finally got to a competent football program and now the arm talent that has been there has a chance to show.

With Copeland primed to lead Argyle on a deep run as their QB, Kuehne running the show for one of the top programs in OK...Liberty lost two top notch QBs.  And what they have left isn't anything special.  Best one might be a freshman from what I've heard. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, MeanGreen1984 said:

Finally got to a competent football program and now the arm talent that has been there has a chance to show.

With Copeland primed to lead Argyle on a deep run as their QB, Kuehne running the show for one of the top programs in OK...Liberty lost two top notch QBs.  And what they have left isn't anything special.  Best one might be a freshman from what I've heard. 

He can flat out play.

14 hours ago, MeanGreen1984 said:

Fun fact. Copeland is Grandson of Mega-Pastor Kenneth Copeland. Grew up with some of the older members of his family... sister, cousins, etc. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

So he was first team all state.   A couple of different outlets in Oklahoma has named him player of the year.  Now Maryland, a Big 10 ten has offered him.

Ernie must have donated some money to Maryland.....

Or could it be that Litrell and co. actually know a football player when they see one?

Is he one of their 17 too?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Offers from Brown, Dartmouth, Arkansas State, and Maryland in addition to our offer. He would be our highest rated quarterback (star-wise) on 247 since 2008. Chase Griffin is rated higher but his offer list is exclusively Ivy league and us. Heck, I'd love to have them both. I hope Will sticks with that North Texas Legacy. Be the change.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Lovely Take 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 12:43 PM, Cr1028 said:

Offers from Brown, Dartmouth, Arkansas State, and Maryland in addition to our offer. He would be our highest rated quarterback (star-wise) on 247 since 2008. Chase Griffin is rated higher but his offer list is exclusively Ivy league and us. Heck, I'd love to have them both. I hope Will sticks with that North Texas Legacy. Be the change.

Kuhne played at 6A level (the highest level with Jenks,  Tulsa Union, Mustang etc) and Griffin 5A-2 which is one step above 4A.  Totally different level of competition.

Look the trend here is you can be a recruiter that gets stars or you can be a good evaluator of talent regardless of stars.  Seth seems to excel at evaluating players regardless of rankings, Frank Wilson is better at loading up on the higher star guys.