Honoring Those Who Gave Their Lives For Our Freedom

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

You were spot on with your first four words and then got derailed.  Before going any further, I am not a Trump fan, but I would choose him over either of the two morons the Dems are throwing out there.  Back to topic, Trump does not think the same for all Hispanics.  He is talking about the ones here illegally.  That word means unlawful and reflects those that did not enter the U.S. by legal means...they snuck in.  Gee, I wonder how Mexico treats those that enter its borders illegally?  http://www.nationalreview.com/article/229641/how-mexico-treats-illegal-aliens-michelle-malkin  Yes, Trump says moronic things, but he said nothing about those here legally.

Regarding the fence, I have not seen anything stating that he wants a fence along the Rio Grande.  I would be impossible since the border is in the center of the river, thus not hindering wildlife, etc...

I could care less if you don't like him and don't believe in his views, but at least be accurate with what you report.

Except for the Hispanic judge who was born in Indiana. I swear that Trump has the weakest brain to mouth filter that I've ever seen. If he had any filter at all, I think he would win this election by at least a small landslide. His advisers must be going crazy trying to deal with him.

1 hour ago, foutsrouts said:

Except for the Hispanic judge who was born in Indiana. I swear that Trump has the weakest brain to mouth filter that I've ever seen. If he had any filter at all, I think he would win this election by at least a small landslide. His advisers must be going crazy trying to deal with him.

He's not trying to deport the judge.  Trump has no filter, but this is an apples to oranges comparison.  He has said nothing racist about those that are here legally, at least that I know of, and he didn't say anything racist about this judge.  He just felt, incorrectly I might add, that this judge might have a conflict of interest.  Trump has lived in a world were he could do and say and he pleases.  This is a rude awakening.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

He's not trying to deport the judge.  Trump has no filter, but this is an apples to oranges comparison.  He has said nothing racist about those that are here legally, at least that I know of, and he didn't say anything racist about this judge.  He just felt, incorrectly I might add, that this judge might have a conflict of interest.  Trump has lived in a world were he could do and say and he pleases.  This is a rude awakening.

Under today's rules, calling someone born in America "a Mexican" can very much be construed as being racist. Of course "Mexican" isn't a race anymore than being "Irish" is a race. It's very much a nationality. Most national leaders and such in Mexico are very much descendants of White Europeans anyway. If I were a Trump supporter I would be pissed at him for basically trying to lose the race with his fat mouth. I personally dislike all of the candidates at this point.

• Downvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:28 PM, UNTLifer said:

...he didn't say anything racist about this judge. 

Well, Paul Ryan, Republican Speaker of the House, says Trump's comments were racist

http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/85551130/ryan-trumps-comment-on-judge-is-racist/

ryan-trumps-comment-on-judge-is-racist[1]

Edited by GTWT
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Oh now you want to believe a Republican...

Actually, I'm fairly impressed with Ryan.  Why are so many Republicans enamored with people like Trump & Palin, when there are decent leaders in the Party?  There are things I want to learn about Ryan, but at this point I think he may be a decent choice in 4 or 8 years.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, GTWT said:

Actually, I'm fairly impressed with Ryan.  Why are so many Republicans enamored with people like Trump & Palin, when there are decent leaders in the Party?  There are things I want to learn about Ryan, but at this point I think he may be a decent choice in 4 or 8 years.

I recall people mocking him when he was chosen as Romney's running mate in 2012.

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

I recall people mocking him when he was chosen as Romney's running mate in 2012.

He looked pretty weak in the debate with Biden, but Biden will do that to you.  It's early, but so far he seems to be fairly effective as speaker.  God knows that herding that group can't be easy.

41 minutes ago, GTWT said:

He looked pretty weak in the debate with Biden, but Biden will do that to you.  It's early, but so far he seems to be fairly effective as speaker.  God knows that herding that group can't be easy.

After doing a little Googling I've changed my mind, he's just one more who indulges in science denial -

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/paul-ryans-forceful-rejection-climate-science

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, GTWT said:

After doing a little Googling I've changed my mind, he's just one more who indulges in science denial -

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/paul-ryans-forceful-rejection-climate-science

Climate or not, I think Ryan with his new Speaker experience is the future of the Republicans Party. He seems to have more potential to be moderate and change with the times than do some of the other possibilities. I'm not ruling out Rubio either down the road. Forget Cruz when there are viable options out there other than Trump the Chump.  

11 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

Climate or not, I think Ryan with his new Speaker experience is the future of the Republicans Party. He seems to have more potential to be moderate and change with the times than do some of the other possibilities. I'm not ruling out Rubio either down the road. Forget Cruz when there are viable options out there other than Trump the Chump.  

He will be an attractive candidate, but not for me.  Science denial is a deal-breaker.

1 hour ago, foutsrouts said:

Cruz has been one of the few that has been willing to stand up for conservative issues even when those in his own party disagreed with him.  

Rubio will need some time to wipe the gang of 8 stink from his past, but I like him too.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

35 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:
36 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Cruz has been one of the few that has been willing to stand up for conservative issues even when those in his own party disagreed with him.  

Rubio will need some time to wipe the gang of 8 stink from his past, but I like him too.

Rick

Rick

Honest question - Does it bother you that so many of his Republican colleagues (e.g., former speaker Boehner & Texas Senator John Cornyn) have found Senator Cruz to be difficult to work with?  Can you see President Cruz making the compromises with Congress that he refused to do as Senator?

7 minutes ago, GTWT said:

Honest question - Does it bother you that so many of his Republican colleagues (e.g., former speaker Boehner & Texas Senator John Cornyn) have found Senator Cruz to be difficult to work with?  Can you see President Cruz making the compromises with Congress that he refused to do as Senator?

Boehner is a grade a douche and was (rightly) drummed out of the speakership. Cruz had a hand in that and Borhner is unlikely to ever forgive him. I wouldn't read much into that one.

2 hours ago, GTWT said:

Well, I know it doesn't bother you, but of course it doesn't bother me.  Cruz should wear it like a badge of honor.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No one likes taxes (includes me) but Cruz is nuts..... Some don't seem to understand taxes pay for our military, court system, law endorsement, fire protection, food inspections, drug inspections, schools, paved roads, parks, and so much more needed items. .... Now we have a group controlling Congress that has increased the national debt from less than $6 trillion as of 2001 to about $18 trillion now...  When they cut taxes ... they also have to cut spending and Congress is the "branch" that does that .... Not the White House (either party) or the Supreme court.  The current group there claims to be conservative .. well they are not.. they are the liberals... a financial conservative does not run up the debt. . .... If this continues we will be in the same financial boat as Greece and Portugal.... a bankrupt government...   The ones that NOW say they are conservative .... are not.... just pay attention to real facts.. not Faux facts.  .... You have to pay for the services you get...  expenses need to be cut when  taxes are cut. [ starting a war hunting "bogus" nuke weapons didn't help any... trillions have been spent in that area since..... war is not free... lives or money ] 

Cruz just says what people want to hear and want to be true ... but isn't... That is why he doesn't have one friend in Congress... He makes no sense. I hope he gets replaced by someone in his next election (of either party).... He is completely ineffective. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1