Now Ole Miss

Wag Tag

Ole Miss, who may have had as many drafted into the  NFL as anyone this year, might have some official reductions in scholarships.  But I promise, if there is a player that Ole Miss wants, the money will come from somewhere.

I'd like to play Ole Miss sometime.  And by the time there is an opening on our/their schedule, I'll be too old to travel there.

GO MEAN GREEN

Whenever I read "self sanctions" BS just pops to mind. 

A player was directed from a coach to a coach/athletic administrator for payments.  To say Treadwell or Nkimdiche didn't take money would be about as naive as it gets. Tunsil was not an isolated event and that is just about guaranteed. This is an institutional problem. Baylor condoned and maybe even to an extent indirectly promoted various types of assaults. Ole Miss is doing the same with the paying of its athletes. 

In my opinion, more needs to be done to rectify this because "self sanctions" do not cut it. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 3

I hate what has become of college football and basketball.  Money and winning will trump ethics every time, if a school thinks they can get away with it.    

I am sure others like myself began questioning Baylor's ethics several years ago, when overnight they seemed to turn the corner in Football and Basketball.   It could be that Baylor has done everything by the books, except for their handling of the sexual misconduct.   But, a school that covers up something like this will probably go to any length to achieve success.    That includes recruiting violations that have not been brought to light......yet.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

They are offering up "double digit" scholarships but in actuality it ain't that much almost laughable:

4 schollys is the worst in any given year? Boy they really dropped the hammer on themselves. USC lost 10 per year for just Reggie Bush. 

Rebs.....bb9ab6ccf4f89fa031b2e0244658b706b7de69cf

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

They are offering up "double digit" scholarships but in actuality it ain't that much almost laughable:

That is pathetic! Hopefully the NCAA steps up! How embarrassing on Nat'l Tv a top draft pick said I was paid by a coach! 

• Upvote 1