Reports out that Art Briles will be fired at 11 am

Harry

14 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Footballscoop reported that Phil Bennett will coach the team in 2016 as an "extended" interim head coach. The rest of the staff will remain as well. I know things can change but that is big news and maybe the only viable option they had this late in the game.

And is a damn shame considering there is NO WAY that Art was the only member of the football staff associated with this cover up.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Moobs said:

And is a damn shame considering there is NO WAY that Art was the only member of the football staff associated with this cover up.

Their press release said other members of the administrative and athletic staff would be released but they would not be naming names.  I would imagine some members of the football staff were part of that but just haven't come to light yet.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and I am going to enjoy watching the them fall. 

I find myself thinking that the fall may take several seasons. Bennett will probably do a decent job in the near term, predicated on his ability to keep the staff together. His talent level will probably stay high for a couple of years, if the NCAA doesn't drop the bomb.  If the NCAA DOES move quickly and nukes them, then they are dead meat quickly.

2 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I find myself thinking that the fall may take several seasons. Bennett will probably do a decent job in the near term, predicated on his ability to keep the staff together. His talent level will probably stay high for a couple of years, if the NCAA doesn't drop the bomb.  If the NCAA DOES move quickly and nukes them, then they are dead meat quickly.

Even if they don't issue some sort of death penalty, and simply allow players to transfer without having to sit out, it will probably happen pretty quickly.  Not sure they will do this though, but a lot of things have been happening lately.  There are basically 90 days until the start of the season. 

25 minutes ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

Among other things, if they want to keep playing football they should have to dismantle their new football chapel and use the materials to build facilities for people in need.

It could become the next Lakewood Church equivalent location, since they can easily run their upcoming D2 team out of a field somewhere. Coincidental that they just finished demolishing Floyd Casey Stadium last week? The curse of old Floyd strikes back. I'd say that the curse of old Theron is why we keep Fouts alive, but he probably thinks we've been cursed enough as it is.

Edited by foutsrouts

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Wouldn't expect anything else from a daughter... but she clearly didn't read the report.

Sorry sweetie, but when your dad knows about this kind of thing, and doesn't kick the dudes off the team immediately (or worse, brings one in despite being told by his former team that he does this kind of thing), then his "incredible character & faith" becomes just that... in-credible.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:49 PM, Got5onIt said:

NT needs to start hovering around the Baylor program like buzzards waiting for squashed road critter to die.  I'm expecting to see players transfer. Seth needs to be throwing scholarships at these guys.......

Or he could recruit his own players like everybody else.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1