Ken Starr out

Graddean

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

If true that is so wrong that they are protecting Art Briles....Starr deserves blame too but Briles shouldn't get a pass.

Are you honestly surprised, though?  To me, this was a no-brainer.  They've (media) been able to find cases outside of the football team bubble that were also handled strangely.  So it's less about what is the football team doing and more about what is going on at a university level---and that goes straight back to the President's office.

Briles will be on a VERY short leash once Starr is out, though.

Also...after Penn St, I'll never again be surprised by what these P5 schools are willing to do to protect their money printing machines, er -football programs.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Are you honestly surprised, though?  To me, this was a no-brainer.  They've (media) been able to find cases outside of the football team bubble that were also handled strangely.  So it's less about what is the football team doing and more about what is going on at a university level---and that goes straight back to the President's office.

Briles will be on a VERY short leash once Starr is out, though.

Also...after Penn St, I'll never again be surprised by what these P5 schools are willing to do to protect their money printing machines, er -football programs.

I am not surprised but I don't think it will fly.  To suggest that Briles did not know about any of these issues is ludicrous.  If he survives this I will be amazed.

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

If true that is so wrong that they are protecting Art Briles....Starr deserves blame too but Briles shouldn't get a pass.

I don't see how they can in good conscience keep Briles while firing Starr. I mean, I get it: Football. But this is bigger than that. I think they will eventually succumb to public pressure and let Briles go as well. Especially if more allegations surface, which they no doubt will.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, DT 90 said:

Consider the source....Chip Brown from Whornsdigest... not happening.

However Channel 10 here is Waco is reporting it. Saying it has not been confirmed. Waiting on a press release from Baylor.

• Upvote 1

I saw one quote on another board from an anonymous Baylor insider who openly said that we can't turn our recent $300 million dollar investment (McLane Stadium) into a mausoleum by firing Briles and taking the chance that they lose all that money...

That's a fine Christian institution that the Baptists are allowing to really show off some wonderful traits...

Hey, Baylor...Joel Osteen thinks this is greedy and misguided //(sarcasm)

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

Were there institutional hummers involved in this?  Because I really want to see Ken Starr disgraced over institutional hummers.

Ironically, it will be FAR worse sexual acts committed on his watch than anything that happened with Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky that ultimately have brought Ken Starr down from his perch. And it cost millions less for the taxpayers, too!! (This doesn't condone the activities of getting a cigar used as a....oh, never mind.)

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Were there institutional hummers involved in this?  Because I really want to see Ken Starr disgraced over institutional hummers.

I agree 100%. This is no way for the head of Baylor to behave.

http://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-fail-wrong-fnL6zdt6KtNy8

They need a new head person.

• Upvote 1