I'd Like to See Johnny Quinn in the New Athletic Department....

This may be wishful thinking, but one guy who always promotes UNT is Johnny Quinn. He's really made a name for himself both in the corporate boardrooms, and in the public education world.

This guy is always promoting UNT, and is a great ambassador. I could see him doing well in some sort of fundraising role.

Thoughts?  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

This may be wishful thinking, but one guy who always promotes UNT is Johnny Quinn. He's really made a name for himself both in the corporate boardrooms, and in the public education world.

This guy is always promoting UNT, and is a great ambassador. I could see him doing well in some sort of fundraising role.

Thoughts?  

Promotional video of him punching through a door with the words "fan apathy" painted on it? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

This would be a great hire IMO. The only question though is would he be willing to take a position with the university. He seems to really enjoy doing public speaking, the athlete watch, and other gigs.

True. A UNT gig might restrict him. Would wonder about pay too. 

I'll pass on this idea. Dont get me wrong, I love Johnny Q just like the rest of us but I want a guy that has no ties to UNT, that is a business minded guy that knows how to lead people. This athletic program should be run like a business and should be making money and achieving greatness. Sure Johnny will get buzz going right off the bat but I believe it might be short lived once he realized how big of a job it is.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I'll pass on this idea. Dont get me wrong, I love Johnny Q just like the rest of us but I want a guy that has no ties to UNT, that is a business minded guy that knows how to lead people. This athletic program should be run like a business and should be making money and achieving greatness. Sure Johnny will get buzz going right off the bat but I believe it might be short lived once he realized how big of a job it is.

I'm not advocating him to be the new AD, but surely there's a position available that makes sense for a passionate Alum/Olympian.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

I want a guy that has no ties to UNT, that is a business minded guy that knows how to lead people. This athletic program should be run like a business and should be making money and achieving greatness.

There's a pizza guy from Mississippi that fits this perfectly. We'll l just have to overlook his most recent position.

back on topic: can't have a convo about former players without bringing up Trice.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

Would be great, even if UNT just paid Quinn/Dunbar/Orr/Robertson and other great alumi just to talk about UNT and promote UNT as much as possible.. I'm not even sure about contact between NFL players and possible future recruits, if thats allowed but would be great to see Orr and Dunbar trying to influence kids about the possibles of coming to UNT vs other programs.. Would be great if they coulda gotten these guys to come back for the spring game and for Jr. Day(if thats allowed) and have the guys talk about how UNT prepped them for the NFL and the benefits as well..

Quinn is a great speaker, and he would have a good impact on the kids and their parents I believe as well.