Rick Villarreal stepping down as AD

Brett Vito

3 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

My worry is that the New AD didnt select Littrell and will have him on a very tight leash. You see new AD's come in and clean house regardless of how new the Coach is. Surely this isnt the case

I hope not. We haven't even seen what Littrell can do here.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

My worry is that the New AD didnt select Littrell and will have him on a very tight leash. You see new AD's come in and clean house regardless of how new the Coach is. Surely this isnt the case

No, there's no way. Litrell was most likely the President's hire anyways, and nothing wrong with being on a short leash as long as it is reasonable. If Seth doesn't get it done in a reasonable time-frame wouldn't we want the new AD to fire him? Something RV was always slow to do.

• Upvote 5

Just now, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

No, there's no way. Litrell was most likely the President's hire anyways, and nothing wrong with being on a short leash as long as it is reasonable. If Seth doesn't get it done in a reasonable time-frame wouldn't we want the new AD to fire him? Something RV was always slow to do.

"Reasonable." THAT's the operative word.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Pretty sure the prophecy was neither can live while the other survives, but will need an Harry Potter fan to confirm. Munthe?

You guys are going to die thinking the banner was more than a pebble against the last two full seasons of our major sports and the overall last decade, aren't you?

So the prophecy says. Although 90 is curiously absent, leading me to worry that they're the same person.

The banner was probably about the last reason he's gone.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I hope this news calms UNT90 down to the point where some of our old friends might return to this website and re-engage in meaningful talk.

They will come back on this board because RV is gone.  Not because of UNT90.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 5

Thank you Prez and thank you BOR for listening. I heard this on 103.3 espn just now. I screamed out, "YES!" like a school girl while driving down 288. 

Thank you Rick for your servitude to UNT, but this was a very long time coming. If I can find time in the day I'm reupping season tix and MGC donation. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1