'17 DB/RB Daiquain Jackson (Mesquite Poteet)

GMG24

Serious question. How do we become a guys 17th offer? I mean if he's that talented shouldn't we be offering sooner than that. Wouldn't a 17th offer come normally from an Ohio State or Alabama? Do we really have a shot coming in that late. Just wondering the logic or how it really might play out in our favor.

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I disagree.  Looking at his offer list on 247, there is not a team on there that we should not be competing with in recruiting.  Let's go sign him.

time of confession

I didnt even pull up his offer list.  normally when we offer somebody and he has that many offers its the likes of LSU OU BAMA OHIO STATES.

I agree with your statement we can compete with all the schools that have offered.

4 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

time of confession

I didnt even pull up his offer list.  normally when we offer somebody and he has that many offers its the likes of LSU OU BAMA OHIO STATES.

I agree with your statement we can compete with all the schools that have offered.

Yes, I meant to put a stipulation on it.  A majority of the kids we are offering are against schools we should be able to compete with recruiting wise.  However, these kids may have a P5 offer but if they have yet to commit it is likely that offer was pulled.  The only real problem I have with this staff is the social media presence or lack thereof.  Everything else we are doing I am on board with. 

3 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Yes, I meant to put a stipulation on it.  A majority of the kids we are offering are against schools we should be able to compete with recruiting wise.  However, these kids may have a P5 offer but if they have yet to commit it is likely that offer was pulled.  The only real problem I have with this staff is the social media presence or lack thereof.  Everything else we are doing I am on board with. 

I can't imagine anybody out working this staff. Social media has been mentioned a few times could you give me an idea of what your are not seeing or should be done in this area?

Thought they hired a guy just for this job. Thanks

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

I can't imagine anybody out working this staff. Social media has been mentioned a few times could you give me an idea of what your are not seeing or should be done in this area?

Thought they hired a guy just for this job. Thanks

For instance, I also follow Tx State, UTSA, SMU, UH coaches just to compare how we do to them.  Each of their HC's have tweeted 50-100 times from the last time the Littrell account tweeted.  Most of these staffs have cool graphics they tweet out about where coaches will be and recruiting what areas.  SMU does a video version where they video each coach as they're on the road.  When I get a bit of free time I will put a thread in the Football forum as I hate to take a recruits thread away by negative stuff.  I know these men are out there grinding and working hard to make our team better.  I just would like the reassurance that its happening by seeing stuff on social media.  If you'd like I can link all our coaches pages and each of the other staff's coaches then you can kind of see what I am talking about. 

Seth Littrell's account tweeted on April 25th the next tweet wasn't until May 16th.  In this day and age that is absolutely unacceptable.  I will count Morris' just for giggles. Morris tweeted or retweeted 49 times between those dates.  All free exposure for his program and University.  It is not a huge deal, it is just free recruiting (another way for a kid to see our school and make them think) 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

For instance, I also follow Tx State, UTSA, SMU, UH coaches just to compare how we do to them.  Each of their HC's have tweeted 50-100 times from the last time the Littrell account tweeted.  Most of these staffs have cool graphics they tweet out about where coaches will be and recruiting what areas.  SMU does a video version where they video each coach as they're on the road.  When I get a bit of free time I will put a thread in the Football forum as I hate to take a recruits thread away by negative stuff.  I know these men are out there grinding and working hard to make our team better.  I just would like the reassurance that its happening by seeing stuff on social media.  If you'd like I can link all our coaches pages and each of the other staff's coaches then you can kind of see what I am talking about. 

Seth Littrell's account tweeted on April 25th the next tweet wasn't until May 16th.  In this day and age that is absolutely unacceptable.  I will count Morris' just for giggles. Morris tweeted or retweeted 49 times between those dates.  All free exposure for his program and University.  It is not a huge deal, it is just free recruiting (another way for a kid to see our school and make them think) 

Great info and thanks for spending the time and effort in the SM side of football. A thread would be great with all the analysis you have done. I would of thought these younger guys would be all over this along with the guy they hired to be put in charge of SM! GMG

17 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Maybe we are on the phone with these kids or visiting their campus, outside of the almighty Allen HS, and conducting stealth operations.  Maybe Morris is all flash and no substance?  I mean, he is at the University of All Flash and No Substance.

Seriously, I know social media is the big thing with today's youth, but it is something I just don't understand.  I have watched people lose the ability to comfortably speak to a person because it is easier to send a text or tweet.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Maybe we are on the phone with these kids or visiting their campus, outside of the almighty Allen HS, and conducting stealth operations.  Maybe Morris is all flash and no substance?  I mean, he is at the University of All Flash and No Substance.

Seriously, I know social media is the big thing with today's youth, but it is something I just don't understand.  I have watched people lose the ability to comfortably speak to a person because it is easier to send a text or tweet.

I didn't say a single thing about Allen.  They may be on the phone or in schools thats fine, but you can send a tweet out about where you are or what area you are recruiting in 30 seconds.  It is just a way to continue to establish your brand as a University and a Football Program.  I am not saying spend every waking second on it, but the kids in this generation do.  The more they see it the better off you are of them knowing about your program.  I don't get why you think Stealth recruiting is going to do anything.  There is no such thing in this day and age with camps in dang near every city ( or within driving distance ) in almost every state in the south.  If a kid is good he will be seen and it will get out.   

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Use all forms to the max! A kids SM pages and content is huge to them.  Should not only be using for recruiting but also to attract more of the students with the interaction. Give them an event where they can post pics and look COOL they would be all over it!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Use all forms to the max! A kids SM pages and content is huge to them.  Should not only be using for recruiting but also to attract more of the students with the interaction. Give them an event where they can post pics and look COOL they would be all over it!

Ding ding ding. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I didn't say a single thing about Allen.  They may be on the phone or in schools thats fine, but you can send a tweet out about where you are or what area you are recruiting in 30 seconds.  It is just a way to continue to establish your brand as a University and a Football Program.  I am not saying spend every waking second on it, but the kids in this generation do.  The more they see it the better off you are of them knowing about your program.  I don't get why you think Stealth recruiting is going to do anything.  There is no such thing in this day and age with camps in dang near every city ( or within driving distance ) in almost every state in the south.  If a kid is good he will be seen and it will get out.   

Not disagreeing with you, just don't understand the infatuation with social media and posting everything one does at all hours of the day.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Not disagreeing with you, just don't understand the infatuation with social media and posting everything one does at all hours of the day.

It is one of the things kids use the most, it has no restrictions other than directly mentioning kids by name. Why NOT use it? 

• Upvote 2

On 5/19/2016 at 9:22 AM, UNTLifer said:

Yes, and what you say I have also seen. But social media is huge and to be absolutely honest, the Dan Mccarney account tweeted then more than the Littrell account tweets now. That's a monumental problem. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...
On May 19, 2016 at 9:22 AM, UNTLifer said:

This staff isn't recruiting 50 year olds. While social media isn't important to you, it is to these kids. There are also virtually no recruiting rules for Twitter right now. So while DMac and staff was sitting silent, coaches from competing schools were talking to recruits via Twitter. 

So glad all aspects of 1990 have left the building. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:08 PM, UNTLifer said:

And if you all would read the post above from back in May, you would see that I don't disagree with the use of social media, I just don't understand the infatuation with it.  I have an employee that has trouble going a minute without checking something and panics when he can't find his phone.

Back to Jackson, guess we got out tweeted.

Edited by UNTLifer