'17 DT Junius King (Mesquite Horn)

Four of the dots represent the four major recruiting services...247, Rivals, ESPN, and Scout.  I'm not sure who the fifth one is.  The number of dots 'lit' indicate how many services have rated the candidate.  247 has worked out an equivalent to their grade.  

For example, a 5.2 grade by Rivals may be equal to a .7420 grade by 247.  They've used some algorithym to equate another rating service to their grade.  However, if they graded the recruit an 80 then two dots would be lit and the player would receive an average grade of .7710 (.7420+.8000/2).  If at least one of the rating services give him an 80 equivalent he is considered a three-star athlete.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GrayEagle said:

Four of the dots represent the four major recruiting services...247, Rivals, ESPN, and Scout.  I'm not sure who the fifth one is.  The number of dots 'lit' indicate how many services have rated the candidate.  247 has worked out an equivalent to their grade.  

For example, a 5.2 grade by Rivals may be equal to a .7420 grade by 247.  They've used some algorithym to equate another rating service to their grade.  However, if they graded the recruit an 80 then two dots would be lit and the player would receive an average grade of .7710 (.7420+.8000/2).  If at least one of the rating services give him an 80 equivalent he is considered a three-star athlete.

I hated my stat class! Thanks

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

So is he going to be a blue shirt or did we drop him? I don't remember hearing his name on signing day.

I am not sure, but the way he is listed on 247's website, listing us as a Favorite, is the same way the other blue shirts are listed.