Jalie lands Loyola Transfer Grace Goodhart

Harry

http://www.loyolaramblers.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/grace_goodhart_970802.html

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2221102/grace-goodhart

HIGH SCHOOL
2014-15 McDonald's All-American Nominee ... Named Most Valuable Player of the Texas 3A State Championship game after leading Sunnyvale High School to a state title following an appearance in the regional final during her junior year ... Capped off storied career as a Raider by averaging 17.1 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.5 steals en route to being selected as the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches' (TABC) Class 3A State Player of the Year ... Also received multiple All-State and All-Region honors from multiple outlets and organizations during her high school career ... Played on the club level for Dallas Heroes Elite and coach Mariqus Alexander ... TABC Academic All-State honoree as a senior ... Two-time Academic All-District selection.

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

http://www.loyolaramblers.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/grace_goodhart_970802.html

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2221102/grace-goodhart

HIGH SCHOOL
2014-15 McDonald's All-American Nominee ... Named Most Valuable Player of the Texas 3A State Championship game after leading Sunnyvale High School to a state title following an appearance in the regional final during her junior year ... Capped off storied career as a Raider by averaging 17.1 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.5 steals en route to being selected as the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches' (TABC) Class 3A State Player of the Year ... Also received multiple All-State and All-Region honors from multiple outlets and organizations during her high school career ... Played on the club level for Dallas Heroes Elite and coach Mariqus Alexander ... TABC Academic All-State honoree as a senior ... Two-time Academic All-District selection.

Wow thats a huge get! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, GrandGreen said:

Puzzling pickup, assuming she has to set out a year and is a guard.  Shot 119 threes at 33% at Loyola.

NT seems very guard heavy and if this is the last ship, it seems odd to sign another outside player.   

Don't be picky just take as many really good players as you can and make people adapt to your style if you have to. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I think Jalie is gonna continue to improve every year until someone bigger scoops her up, I'm impressed so far with what she's done

She is doing what we need to do in EVERY single program.  What a breath of fresh air she has been.

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

She is doing what we need to do in EVERY single program.  What a breath of fresh air she has been.

Absolutely. Hoping Littrell will do the same for the football team. From everything I've seen and heard it seems to be moving in the same direction

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Don't be picky just take as many really good players as you can and make people adapt to your style if you have to. 

Not sure about picky, did you watch them last year?  They had one reliable post player and she is gone.  

My guess would be that Mitchell thinks she has enough talent coming in on the front line and Goodhart is good enough to wait a year on.  I hope she is right on both.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Absolutely. Hoping Littrell will do the same for the football team. From everything I've seen and heard it seems to be moving in the same direction

except for social media, I have been very disappointed in this staff after a strong start.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, when I get a minute today I will post what SMU coaches and Houston coaches are doing on social media (two of the best IMO) then I will show what our coaches have done.  It is pretty pathetic.  

edit: Not going to post our coaches tweets because there aren't many

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You can click on these coaches individual twitters and see what I am talking about.  They are really hitting social media hard, it is smart and FREE which should be the biggest asset to a G5 program.  Morris has really done a good job of connecting with HS coaches and making them feel good about sending kids to SMU.  I know this isn't the place for this post, just responding to a request. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

"Speaking 2nite to a hometown plaaaaaayy'a could make#StangGang17 lit n a hurry makes me..."

Really hard for me to picture Chad Morris talking like that.   If that's actually him typing that tweet and not some other account handler, his Chris-Chris rank just shot up exponentially.

Morris grew up on the mean streets of Edgewood Tx.  I think maybe with Vanilla Ice.  He is street.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1