Shawn Forrest to UTSA

Harry

Shawn Forrest, a longtime assistant coach who was a key component in North Texas’ six-year run of unprecedented success in men’s basketball under Johnny Jones, is back in Texas.

Texas-San Antonio announced today that Forrest has joined its staff under new head coach Steve Henson.

Forrest was at UNT from 2008-12, right in the middle of the Mean Green’s run of six straight winning seasons that included two NCAA tournament berths and five 20-win campaigns from 2006-12. He helped recruit Tony Mitchell and Jordan Williams.

read more:  http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/05/monday-morning-notes-former-unt-assistant-to-utsa-unt-loses-one-to-smu.html/

7 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Rumor was he was the favorite to get the job when Jones left and then we pulled an RV

I think it was just that, a rumor. I don't recall him ever being involved much in the Xs and Os of the program but I know he helped a lot with recruiting.

• Upvote 1