Mitch Cason

Any football recruiting gurus know what this might mean?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Excited to continue my football career at the University of North Texas next year! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoMeanGreen?src=hash">#GoMeanGreen</a> <a href="https://t.co/dSGaBllozE">pic.twitter.com/dSGaBllozE</a></p>&mdash; Mitch Cason (@mitchcason) <a href="https://twitter.com/mitchcason/status/727202532250910720">May 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Decent size for a QB and his stats are not bad. Maybe he's coming in to compete at another position or possibly another body to throw into the QB mix. I would think maybe the former but there's just not a lot of info about him out there.

39 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Decent size for a QB and his stats are not bad. Maybe he's coming in to compete at another position or possibly another body to throw into the QB mix. I would think maybe the former but there's just not a lot of info about him out there.

Well his twitter profile does say " Mean Green QB commit. "

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

So a walk-on QB maybe for this year.

I'm glad he was coached by Riley. Riley was our best quarterback of the Todd Dodge era. If he had been more durable and not had lingering ulnar nerve damage from high school he could've been really special for us.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I'm glad he was coached by Riley. Riley was our best quarterback of the Todd Dodge era. If he had been more durable and not had lingering ulnar nerve damage from high school he could've been really special for us.

Not even close. Vizza was the most gifted QB of the Dodge era. Riley couldn't make throws deeper than 15 yards. He was tough as  nails, though. 

Too bad Dodge decided offensive lineman were about as important as any defensive position. If Vizza actually had some protection, I doubt he leaves the program.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Anyone Know how Riley Dodge is doing since incident? As far as if he was forced to leave or anything ?

Still there, still the OC

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Not even close. Vizza was the most gifted QB of the Dodge era. Riley couldn't make throws deeper than 15 yards. He was tough as  nails, though. 

Too bad Dodge decided offensive lineman were about as important as any defensive position. If Vizza actually had some protection, I doubt he leaves the program.

The stats don't bear that out. Riley was more efficient and a better runner. Don't get me wrong though, Vizza did like to play at a HIGH level and I never thought he'd blaze a trail right out of Denton, but I guess when you're getting blitzed as much as he was, it leaves you hungry for something else. 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Anyone Know how Riley Dodge is doing since incident? As far as if he was forced to leave or anything ?

I saw him at a 5K in Colleyville this weekend. He's such a small guy, amazing that he played qb for us.