'16 DT Bentley Easley (Coffeyville CC)

No reported offer, but typically when JUCO frenzy posts a "target" there is an offer or will be one soon.  Looks like he would be here in the fall if he came. Looking for more info, will check back later.  It looks like grades must have been a factor as he is still available with all those offers. 

http://247sports.com/player/bentley-easley-85919

I have attached his 247 profile that was from this year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If this is another '16 guy, then either those scholarships McCarney supposedly took up for '16 was not true, or we have yet another one of the 4 JUCO guys we signed in Feb that weren't going to be here until fall not qualify.

I'd be betting on the latter, rather than the former.  

4 minutes ago, Brett Vito said:

Any idea who won't be making it to campus?

10 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Sounds like back up plan if raveon doesn't commit

That is also a valid point, maybe why Ekeler is waiting a few weeks to fly up?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Don't we have a few more open scholarship slots with guys leaving program since December? So we could go over the 25 per year 

Two different things there.

85 total scholarships, no more than 25 per signing class.

The 25 is subject to be adjusted based on several factors. In many cases if a walk on is put on scholarship in his first two years he has to count against his original singing class(as an example).

We were told the reason Littrell's first class was small was because of those retroactive 'signings' when walk ons got 'ships. This happens when the original signing class was already full so the next signing class must be reduced to balance that out.

(hope that makes some sense)

17 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

That does make sense, I thought we could exceed the 25 so I was figuring we could sign both of these guys.. I'm doubting we could have one sign and it go on next years but they play this fall?

Usually, no. Sometimes the NCAA will make an exception, like when UAB killed off their program. Kids could transfer and be eligible immediately. If the gaining school was already at their limit they could take a UAB player and reduce the next class.

• 1 month later...