UNT Women's Recruit Adrianna Henderson

Cooley

Looks like Mitchell is taking a page from Benford's book.  There are going to be some scholarship athletes not returning.  

I expect next year's team to compete at the highest level of the conference.  It may take a while to put all these redshirts, recruits and returnees together; but this looks like a deep and talented team.  Guard play should be a definitely strength, if a few of those new front court players can play; this team should be tough.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Looks like Mitchell is taking a page from Benford's book.  There are going to be some scholarship athletes not returning.  

What makes you say that?

I ask because I seem to recall hearing a lot about how Jalie didn't have a full roster of scholarship players and women get more BB scholarships than the men do.

49 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

What makes you say that?

I ask because I seem to recall hearing a lot about how Jalie didn't have a full roster of scholarship players and women get more BB scholarships than the men do.

I wondered the same thing.  It doesn't look like a roster rollover, ala Benford, just signing a good player with an open scholarship.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I wondered the same thing.  It doesn't look like a roster rollover, ala Benford, just signing a good player with an open scholarship.

In Women's Basketball you get 15 scholarships compared to 13 in Men's Basketball.

6 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

In Women's Basketball you get 15 scholarships compared to 13 in Men's Basketball.

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

On current roster from official site Scholarship athletes

Returnees

Lettermen: 7

Criner

Adams

Jolivette

Ellison

Fierson

Mabudu

Davis

Redshirts: 4

Warren

Bradley

McDaniel

Roof

Signees: 6

Henderson 

Johnson

Buckner

Hopkins

Poland 

Townley

That is 17 players not counting Shillow, who was reportedly given a ship by the radio group.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Very apparent that assistant Aisha Stewart played a big part in this signing.  We really need to appreciate these type of efforts as they are directly helping our program move forward.  Thank you Aisha!  Thank you for doing a great job recruiting for our program.  And thank you coach Jalie for hiring a coach like Aisha.  This is how you build.  This is how you win.

http://www.wibw.com/content/news/Henderson-signs-letter-of-intent-with-UNT-377212911.html

On 4/27/2016 at 5:48 PM, GrandGreen said:

On current roster from official site Scholarship athletes

Returnees

Lettermen: 7

Criner

Adams

Jolivette

Ellison

Fierson

Mabudu

Davis

Redshirts: 4

Warren

Bradley

McDaniel

Roof

Signees: 6

Henderson 

Johnson

Buckner

Hopkins

Poland 

Townley

That is 17 players not counting Shillow, who was reportedly given a ship by the radio group.  

Are we sure all signees actually qualified and are coming in? I guess I see your concern because evidently the numbers don't quite add up. But then again, it is also not looking like the turnover will be on a Benfordian scale. At least not yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, outoftown said:

Are we sure all signees actually qualified and are coming in? I guess I see your concern because evidently the numbers don't quite add up. But then again, it is also not looking like the turnover will be on a Benfordian scale. At least not yet.

And nothing like the Kee quotient!

• Upvote 2