Newest UNT Commit talks about Visit

TheReal_jayD

Very interesting, I wish he was coming at the start of summer to get into some classes in and get familiar with campus life at UNT.  Maybe this means that we will have an up tempo run heavy version of the spread in 2016.  When you can run from the spread effectively at a high tempo it is really devastating to a defense.  Hell ever Nick Saban can't really handle it because it doesn't give him time to make adjustments to his defense.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Very interesting, I wish he was coming at the start of summer to get into some classes in and get familiar with campus life at UNT.  Maybe this means that we will have an up tempo run heavy version of the spread in 2016.  When you can run from the spread effectively at a high tempo it is really devastating to a defense.  Hell ever Nick Saban can't really handle it because it doesn't give him time to make adjustments to his defense.

I expected to we some tempo change on Sat but I guess they want to get the basics in.  Also having a new center probably played a part.

2 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Very interesting, I wish he was coming at the start of summer to get into some classes in and get familiar with campus life at UNT.  Maybe this means that we will have an up tempo run heavy version of the spread in 2016.  When you can run from the spread effectively at a high tempo really devastating to a defense.  Hell ever Nick Saban can't really handle it because it doesn't give him time to make adjustments to his defense.

Someone with x and o please address the following concern. High tempo can devestate an opposing defense IF you move the chains. If not, quick 3 and outs devestate your d, no?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

Someone with x and o please address the following concern. High tempo can devestate an opposing defense IF you move the chains. If not, quick 3 and outs devestate your d, no?

that goes without saying you hsve to string some plays together which requires you get some first downs.

I know I'm viewed suspiciously on the board, but I've read on other posts it took 3 years to impliment this system at another school and 10 to 20 players (new to program ) are arriving this fall. This sounds like this season is going to try the souls of all on this board.

2 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

that goes without saying you hsve to string some plays together which requires you get some first downs.

I guess when stated that way, that is true of any offense.

On April 26, 2016 at 10:04 PM, UTSA Fan said:

I know I'm viewed suspiciously on the board, but I've read on other posts it took 3 years to impliment this system at another school and 10 to 20 players (new to program ) are arriving this fall. This sounds like this season is going to try the souls of all on this board.

I guess when stated that way, that is true of any offense.

Not really, it is the tempo and running the ball effectively with tempo that is the key.  If can recall Oregon in the playing FSU the year FSU won the national title with Winston.  Whenever Oregon got 2 first downs the defense got overwhelmed and Oregon march all the way down the field using tempo to keep them off balance.  The tempo makes frustration a weapon of the offense faster than just the old school Darrel Dickey ground and pound.    So instead of your running back looking unstoppable in late third quarter they start breaking big runs in the second quarter.  The defensive players are so focused on just getting lined up right they can even begin to think about what kind of blocking scheme you are using in the run game and what technique they use to counteract what the offensive lineman across from them is using on them.   It's a basketball fast break on turf.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TIgreen01 said:

Given his size and return ability, I'd guess he was more of a replacement for Ivery--should we lose him to grades?

with the rest of this semester and two summer sessions, online courses etc I would hope this is not yet a foregone conclusion.

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I wonder what Jeffrey Wilson thinks of this.

He's a complement to Wilson's style of play

Besides, if our snap count is increasing (and not because we're playing catch up in the last quarter) I would like at least 3 solid RBs out there.