Please do not Hijack GMG Threads

Harry

"Hijacking a thread" refers to behavior that when someone comes into a thread conversation (usually after more than a few posts have been made to a thread) and focuses on one tiny aspect of the original poster's topic, and moves the entire thread off-topic by replying to just that one aspect.

It is not fair to those who start reasonable and well thought out topics for discussion only to have them sideswiped or diverted.  Please refrain from doing this or perhaps start up a new topic to address your specific subject or issue.  I have advised our moderators to work with me to help enforce this policy more liberally.

Please note that if you do hijack, your post will be removed no questions asked.  So don't be surprised when it happens.  If you continue to do it, we will take further steps to modify the behavior, including but not limited to suspension of board posting privileges. gmg

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

It is not fair to those who start reasonable and well thought out topics for discussion only to have them sideswiped or diverted.  Please refrain from doing this or perhaps start up a new topic to address your specific subject or issue.  I have advised our moderators to work with me to help enforce this policy more liberally.

Please note that if you do hijack, your post will be removed no questions asked.  So don't be surprised when it happens.  If you continue to do it, we will take further steps to modify the behavior, including but not limited to suspension of board posting privileges. gmg

Amen!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

40 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I'm sure multiple crybabies have cried. Truth be told, every thread is high jacked to some extent or the other. 

Every single one.

I don't think anyone has to complain.  It has become quite obvious where every thread is headed these days.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

You know who is the elephant in the room many want to ignore.   I would curious to know what the traffic numbers for GMG.com.  I suspect it reached a peak sometime during the H. of Dallas Bowl season.  I think all the "hijackers" are just deeply concerned about condition of program.  Our patience is dying of liver cancer but we are focusing on his acme problem and allergies.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 10

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

But Harry, did you know that Rick Villarreal is a horrible athletic director?

See, what's great about the rule is that I can reply to your hijack with something equally as snarky, like, "yeah! Rick's taking us straight to the crapper!!1!", but as long as it's under your hijack... You're the one who gets in trouble!!!giphy.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

See, what's great about the rule is that I can reply to your hijack with something equally as snarky, like, "yeah! Rick's taking us straight to the crapper!!1!", but as long as it's under your hijack... You're the one who gets in trouble!!!giphy.gif

Or, you can imply that he is about to hijack the thread by saying something like "here comes Nation92 with another Villarreal comment," then when he does comment, cry to the mods about highjacking.

Bunch of freaking crybabies.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 20

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Or, you can imply that he is about to hijack the thread by saying something like "here comes Nation92 with another Villarreal comment," then when he does comment, cry to the mods about highjacking.

Bunch of freaking crybabies.

I have never done that.  Some people care alot about you clogging up the board.   Most are typical UNT fans... beaten down and not caring.

• Upvote 2