Tyreke Davis - Denton Ryan 1st UNT Commit

21 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

According to 247 Sports Davis is a "NA" ranked RB/LB with 0 offers other than us. Please prove that wrong. 

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyreke-Davis-78806

24/7 provides 2 rankings--their own ranking and a "composite" ranking, which incorporates other sources.  You are looking at the composite ranking.  Look right under that, a you will see the "247Sports" ranking--3 stars.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

24/7 provides 2 rankings--their own ranking and a "composite" ranking, which incorporates other sources.  You are looking at the composite ranking.  Look right under that, a you will see the "247Sports" ranking--3 stars.

Thank you for proving me wrong. But what is the difference and will that 3-star stick for 10 months on signing day? And how is NA his composite score when 247 has him as a 3-star? 

(Stars matter people!!!!!!) 

13 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I'm going to sound like 90 here, but ever since Vito forged a bit of a partnership with Perroni of 247 this has happened a couple other times. We get a commit who hasnt been ranked by 247 or anyone else, Vito tells Perroni, Perroni lists the commitment and slaps an 80 rating (baseline rating for a 3-star). Happened for Ozougwu and Mason Fine as well (Ozougwu was an 80 while Fine was a 79).

That's a reason for us in particular I'm more concerned with offer lists. Not hating on Vito or Perroni, as it is good press for us. What I am impressed with is how this is nearly a month earlier than Mccarney ever got a commit, and about two months earlier than our first commit last year. Even if he doesn't have any other offer, that's a good job of pitching your program.

6 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Thank you for proving me wrong. But what is the difference and will that 3-star stick for 10 months on signing day? And how is NA his composite score when 247 has him as a 3-star? 

(Stars matter people!!!!!!) 

Because the 80-rating was just given to him. Sometimes it takes the composite system a bit to kick in.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

Glad UNT has a recruit committed early. Really wish the kid had at least 2 other FBS offers. Multiple offers is the sign of good recruits in my book, not stars.

So, having never seen the kid play, it's nice to have a recruit, but nothing to do backflips over.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Glad UNT has a recruit committed early. Really wish the kid had at least 2 other FBS offers. Multiple offers is the sign of good recruits in my book, not stars.

So, having never seen the kid play, it's nice to have a recruit, but nothing to do backflips over.

I thought this too, but at the same time it is still pretty early. He is bound to pick up other offers, especially if he starts to shine during his senior year. We just have to hope that he sticks it out with us when a couple other offers do roll in.

On another note, this is a very Gary Patterson-esque type recruit as in he has had success in high school in multiple positions which gives the staff the opportunity to play him at the greater need once he gets into green. I hate it when a staff goes hard on "needs" rather than talent. Go after talent and plug it into the needs. A greater amount of talent will work itself out. 

• Upvote 1

this kid would have a lot more offers if he were 3-4 inches taller... kind of reminds of Myles Jack with how smooth he is in coverage, but the jump to college will be interesting... but he is a PLUS coverage LB but very undersized, would do great playing Rover in a 4-2-5 where he can range and not worry about getting pushed around or man-handled...

but in all i like the pick up, hopefully he can bring a few of the other guys from his hudl tape, would like to see #5 and #9 from the DL added

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

I thought this too, but at the same time it is still pretty early. He is bound to pick up other offers, especially if he starts to shine during his senior year. We just have to hope that he sticks it out with us when a couple other offers do roll in.

On another note, this is a very Gary Patterson-esque type recruit as in he has had success in high school in multiple positions which gives the staff the opportunity to play him at the greater need once he gets into green. I hate it when a staff goes hard on "needs" rather than talent. Go after talent and plug it into the needs. A greater amount of talent will work itself out. 

I think the lack of offers has more to do with size than it being early. That said, if his speed is around 4.6, I could see him in the rover position in a 4-2-5 (although undersized for that position). If he is faster, a conversion to safety at the college level is possible.

Didnt see a 40 listed for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb and call Tyreke the next Marcus Trice. 

He's small for where they play him but he just flat out brings the wood. And like Marcus, he is a really nice kid and has a great attitude. 

Keep an eye on the DRC web site this season because he and Ryan QB Spencer Sanders are gonna make big things happen.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I think the lack of offers has more to do with size than it being early. That said, if his speed is around 4.6, I could see him in the rover position in a 4-2-5 (although undersized for that position). If he is faster, a conversion to safety at the college level is possible.

Didnt see a 40 listed for him.

On a 4-2-5 the safeties play a lot on the outside run containment. The kid at 5'9 ard 200 could be something. Also could be a strong RB or maybe slot guy. Having an athlete play both ways at that level is impressive and some of his stats r crazy! GMG

14 hours ago, TheWestie said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and call Tyreke the next Marcus Trice. 

He's small for where they play him but he just flat out brings the wood. And like Marcus, he is a really nice kid and has a great attitude. 

Keep an eye on the DRC web site this season because he and Ryan QB Spencer Sanders are gonna make big things happen.

While I see the comparison, Trice was in the DFW top 100 and had plenty of choices on colleges.  Just did some checking he had 9 and he was only 170 in HS he played primarily corner and some WR. 

3 hours ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

is Sanders committed?

Also, I do agree with him possibly being a RB, and he could be a slot wr just worry about him with LBs in college football.

No on Sanders, he's racking up the offers by the week though.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we please spell kids' names correctly on the threads? Not being hyper-critical, but it is not ok to misspell a kid's name consistently, like it doesn't even matter.  

3 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Can we please change the thread title and spell the dudes name correct?

great minds think alike apparently...

• Upvote 1