I have changed my mind I think UNT90 may be wrong

KingDL1

15 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Have you considered focusing on a positive aspect of the program, such as the wins and losses record?

No doubt, it will take some time to rebuild the football program. I believe this coaching staff can turn it around. Especially, after they have a full year to recruit the talent they need. They're young but they mean business. Hope you all will lend your support and show up on game day. I be the one in green. 

I really want to meet these infamous 17. Do I need to buy my way into the suites to do that?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, eagle-eye said:

I am brand new to UNT athletics, and therefore, know nothing about the politics referred to in numerous posts. It is disheartening to read many of the comments. Not good information to hear for new fan.

Are you a masochist? If not, you may want to take your new found fandom somewhere else, and quickly. And it's not like we don't want you, it's that we don't want you to get hurt.

Make sense?

2 hours ago, untcampbell said:

Welcome.

Use your eagle-eye to focus in on those that bring value, insight and pertinent information. I would guess the current ratio of value:pablum is 1:5 but that may be generous. There are a few consistent high value posters. Learn them and ignore those you find not useful. Usually a thread will get highjacked so most of the time, you will find no substantially relevant information beyond the first few posts in a thread.

Stay focused on whatever reason you became a fan. 

GMG

Yes, by all means, close your ears to any opinions that differ, no matter the facts that exist to back up that opinion. 

Or...

Read everything and make up your own mind.

I encourage option number 2.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

IPA always gives me a headache the next morning. Don't touch any brand of it anymore...

As for the UNT 17 or 8 or 3 or whatever it is, they want what we want and that's winning athletics. If they're so damned hell bent on doing it their way with their money, why has the history of athletics been so poor, here? How the hell did they become gazillionaires with the half assery way our athletics program is run???

I'm really tired of the losing. I told the season ticket rep to hold off on my renewal for a few weeks until I can decide if I want to sit through another year of shit. This would be the first time I haven't renewed in almost a decade (if I go through with it)....

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, untcampbell said:

Welcome.

Use your eagle-eye to focus in on those that bring value, insight and pertinent information. I would guess the current ratio of value:pablum is 1:5 but that may be generous. There are a few consistent high value posters. Learn them and ignore those you find not useful. Usually a thread will get highjacked so most of the time, you will find no substantially relevant information beyond the first few posts in a thread.

Stay focused on whatever reason you became a fan. 

GMG

Thanks for the advice. Some of these threads aren't for the faint-hearted, that's for sure. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Are you a masochist? If not, you may want to take your new found fandom somewhere else, and quickly. And it's not like we don't want you, it's that we don't want you to get hurt.

Make sense?

Yes, by all means, close your ears to any opinions that differ, no matter the facts that exist to back up that opinion. 

Or...

Read everything and make up your own mind.

I encourage option number 2.

Makes sense. I'll stay cautiously optimistic. I wondered about some of the early decisions, such as closing practice-which was later overturned. If UNT's fan base has waned, you'd think you'd try anything to reengage them with program and the new coaching staff. Build some hype--so to speak. The coaches have a lot of personality, and UNT should use that to its advantage.  Lets hope the program can bring some excitement back to #newdenton. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, eagle-eye said:

Makes sense. I'll stay cautiously optimistic. I wondered about some of the early decisions, such as closing practice-which was later overturned. If UNT's fan base has waned, you'd think you'd try anything to reengage them with program and the new coaching staff. Build some hype--so to speak. The coaches have a lot of personality, and UNT should use that to its advantage.  Lets hope the program can bring some excitement back to #newdenton. 

Tread lightly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, eagle-eye said:

I'm of the opinion that the staff, no matter how young and energetic, will get worn down from the ineptitude that they experience from this athletic director. 

Just so you know.

I hope you are right. Experience tells me you are not,

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

18 hours ago, eagle-eye said:

Thanks for the advice. Some of these threads aren't for the faint-hearted, that's for sure. 

I started following at the end of last season and been through a banner, HC firing, total azz stomping by an fcs and a contract extension. Now there is a new scheme which I have no clue what it will look like and now camps for recruiting are banned off property. I feel like I have lived 3 lives already of Fandom and it's not even been half of a season. Welcome and good luck.

Edited by UTSA Fan
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

I started following at the end of last season and been through a banner, HC firing, total azz stomping by an fcs and a contract extension. Now there is a new scheme which I have no clue what it will look like and now camps for recruiting are banned off property. I feel like I have lived 3 lives already of Fandom and it's not even been half of a season. Welcome and good luck.

When the season rolls around I will have been on here for fourteen years. You and eagle-eye will survive...just batten down the hatches for the shit-storms that are sure to erupt periodically. As one of my favorite bluesmen, Robert Cray, sings:

Coffee for my breakfast
Shot of whiskey on the side
It's a dark and dreary morning
With the clouds covering up the sky

The forecast calls for pain
My baby's turning cold
And the forecast calls for pain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz_ZLvIvYMc

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

Thanks for the welcome, appreciate it. Hopefully, the fans will give the new scheme a chance, even though it will take some time to adjust. Although I admit it has been tough to read some of the comments/history- it's helpful to know. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

When the season rolls around I will have been on here for fourteen years. You and eagle-eye will survive...just batten down the hatches for the shit-storms that are sure to erupt periodically. As one of my favorite bluesmen, Robert Cray, sings:

Coffee for my breakfast
Shot of whiskey on the side
It's a dark and dreary morning
With the clouds covering up the sky

My baby's turning cold
And the forecast calls for pain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz_ZLvIvYMc

I can handle a few sh$t storms. I think I'm going to fit in just fine here. Robert Cray is on my regular playlist. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, eagle-eye said:

Thanks for the welcome, appreciate it. Hopefully, the fans will give the new scheme a chance, even though it will take some time to adjust. Although I admit it has been tough to read some of the comments/history- it's helpful to know. Thanks again.

I can handle a few sh$t storms. I think I'm going to fit in just fine here. Robert Cray is on my regular playlist. 

Supplement Robert with a little Buddy Guy now and then, or mellow out with some Susan Tedeschi if you need to charm a lady. You will ride out the storms just fine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU5xA6ty0a4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_91rphtVo&nohtml5=False

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jacksondf said:

We want and need big donors.  Money runs college athletics.  Just ask Charlie Stong or Kevin Sumlin how big donors have strong influence at big time programs like UT and A&M.  

Yeah, seriously. It's not far fetched to say both of them could be looking for a new job at seasons end. 

15 hours ago, jacksondf said:

We want and need big donors.  Money runs college athletics.  Just ask Charlie Stong or Kevin Sumlin how big donors have strong influence at big time programs like UT and A&M.  

We have 17 of them now. And they just paid to buyout over $2 million of Dan McCarney's contract...unfortunately, they forget that they paid that much because the idiot who extended him for 5 years after one good season is the same one who has sold them a bill of goods for "access". So we keep the worst AD in America because those 17 want him around and have made it clear to the BOR that they will walk away if RV gets fired, meaning that we sold the university's athletic department to 17 big money donors who won't accept the fact that the guy leading that department is better at running pizza chains than he is at running a real athletic department. And, yet, here we sit with a decade of putrid results in football, as well as accepted and continued suckitude under RV's hire, Tony Benford, who single-handedly torched all of the progress that JJ had made in his time here.

Until RV is gone, so many of us will never step foot in Apogee or the Super Pit again. And the 17 will never let that happen anytime soon, nor will the BOR let him get away as long as he stays in budget and doesn't cause any problems. So we know that a game in Denton isn't in our plans anytime in the next decade, at least.

Your UNT 17 Mean Green...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Agreed -- IPA mostly sux!

Brewers realized crappy beer can be masked with over-hopping, so now it's basically a 1 in 5 shot to find a good one that won't lead to headaches and/or mud butt. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1