'17 QB Willie Cherry (WF Rider)

ridercherry_23074438_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Willie Cherry 

Wichita Falls, TX (Rider)

Quarterback 

Ht 6-2

Wt 195

We have offered. UNT is his first D1 offer. I talked to someone who follows Wichita Falls football closely, and said Willie would have several more offers if not for getting injured last year and the loss of his mother. The kid is an athlete for sure. I would like to see Seth and co. land a kid like this. I feel like he would be successful in the new offense 

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3965063/highlights/318580382

A great article from Bleacher Report about Willie 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2562172-i-owed-it-to-her-2017-qb-willie-cherry-has-big-night-following-mothers-death

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Aldo said:

uh, two man (sarcasm). Very very quick release is the only thing I can tell as a passer. But he's definitely a good runner.

I would imagine that he's being recruited as a running back.  He averaged 154 yards per game last year while playing quarterback.  But as a quarterback while he had a decent completion percentage (50 of 85, .588) he only threw 3 TD passes which equaled his number of interceptions.

By the way, in answer to djohnnie...Benny Cherry is VP of a financial services company in the metroplex.  However, Willie is about the right age to be a son of Benny but that would mean a divorce and his ex-wife would have then moved to Wichita Falls, so I believe that the chances are remote.  Cherry is a little more common name than most people realize.

9 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I would imagine that he's being recruited as a running back.  He averaged 154 yards per game last year while playing quarterback.  But as a quarterback while he had a decent completion percentage (50 of 85, .588) he only threw 3 TD passes which equaled his number of interceptions.

Agree that he likely isn't a qb at this level, but to me he runs like a receiver so I'll add my vote for WR.

Edited by Aldo

• 2 weeks later...
On March 31, 2016 at 11:53 PM, GrayEagle said:

By the way, in answer to djohnnie...Benny Cherry is VP of a financial services company in the metroplex.  However, Willie is about the right age to be a son of Benny but that would mean a divorce and his ex-wife would have then moved to Wichita Falls, so I believe that the chances are remote.  Cherry is a little more common name than most people realize.

Around here that makes you a HOF'er and the local press rides your jock

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...