'17 DE Noah Jones (Lancaster) [Verbal: SMU]

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Commits to SMU 

We need to really start picking up our game vs smug when it comes to recruiting. They are beating us out 9/10 times. Maybe if we boost our tuition and just clamor it as being top level we'll start getting these guys. I don't get it. I don't get how a team that has sucked worse than us over the last 2-3 years keeps pounding us on the recruiting trail. 

• Downvote 1

Give this staff time, good gravy.  Their staff has been in place for two recruiting cycles before this one.  They have their system in place etc.  We did not even have '17s on the recruiting board when Littrell arrived.  This will take time.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Give this staff time, good gravy.  Their staff has been in place for two recruiting cycles before this one.  They have their system in place etc.  We did not even have '17s on the recruiting board when Littrell arrived.  This will take time.  

giphy.gif

Can't be hating on our staff right now.. Came in with little time and signed pretty nice, possibly great class if you factor in English and Morris as well.. These kid in 2017 that are "committing" can still flip or decommit. This staff has been busy 24/7 with finishing up 2016.. Once these camps are done, I would think they go hardcore into setting up the boards and narrowing down the exact targets they wanna focus on in 2017, but from the 2 early commits we have already it seems like we may have already completed this step

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 6/2/2016 at 11:34 AM, GMG24 said:

I get the time thing, sure. And it's only been almost 6 months, but 6 months is still 6 months. I do not want to be sitting here in year 2 wanting to hear people say, "but wait until year 4." Get the car into drive and stomp on the gas. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I get the time thing, sure. And it's only been almost 6 months, but 6 months is still 6 months. I do not want to be sitting here in year 2 wanting to hear people say, "but wait until year 4." Get the car into drive and stomp on the gas. 

In those 6  months they had to fill basically an entire 2016 class.. so if you wanna break it down, they only recently started on 2017, but even then we are still working on 2016 signing some very talented guys still... We can worry about 2017 sign class this time next year when its not so great...

1 hour ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

In those 6  months they had to fill basically an entire 2016 class.. so if you wanna break it down, they only recently started on 2017, but even then we are still working on 2016 signing some very talented guys still... We can worry about 2017 sign class this time next year when its not so great...

IF it's not so great. 

• 7 months later...

www.twitter.com/WEBOrecruiting1/status/821909320577196038

Littrell and Coach Brown stopped by today. Most likely to talk to Noah Jones but also wouldn't be surprised if they talked to:

http://247sports.com/Player/Treston-Price-87538

http://247sports.com/player/l-t--jessie-75959  (Looks like he now goes to Lancaster but his 247 isn't updated, however his ESPN is)

http://247sports.com/Player/Cartrell-Thomas-79405

and scout lists us as interested in:

http://www.scout.com/player/202383-jordan-hollis

These seem like the likely targets as the only other guy with a recruiting page with interest is a ESPN 300 player committed to TCU and had Oklahoma visit today as well. Good to see the coaches out recruiting and look forward to see the last few guys they get to round out the class! GMG!

Edited by MEEN2018
  • Upvote 1